Quick question on mother plants...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SuperLuiweedgi, Jan 25, 2018.

1. First time with growing out some mother plants, sorry if this is a dumb question.

Do you / should you top mother plants or just let them run?

2. Do what you want with them. I only use my mothers for one grow...creating new ones each time from the clones I get from them. I generally treat them like I do the ones I grow out...topping the main and bending the whole plant horizontal and then do a lot of super cropping until I am ready to pull clones.
    By the time I do, I only take 6 clones from each mother but could take much more because of this.

3. I don't keep a mother plant around either. It's just taking up more space you can cut clones from each plant before you put it in flower every crop. If you keep a mom eventually it gets huge and you're forced to flower it.

People who do keep mom plants of course top the crap out of them. They are living clone machines. They get chopped up to the max. That is the entire point.

4. I should've clarified.... I meant do I top a plant that I'm currently growing from seed.... it's about 35 days old. I don't actually know if it's a male or female yet. Im guessing that topping an unsexed plant could jack it up. Thought I'd ask before doing/not doing anything to it.