Quick Question new to Hydro.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Eddyshore, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I am flowering my first grow right now in soil , but when I'm done I want to go hydro. I will be using a BB and have that ready to go. My question is I germinate using the paper towel method with 100% success (knock on wood) but once the seed is ready what do you put it in ? Rockwool? and then does the seed and the rockwool go into the root basket and the clay balls go on top ? Or do you put the clay balls in first then make a little area for the rockwool and seed to sit in with the clay balls ? And lastly what is EC ? As long as my PH in the water is 5.8 everything should be fine right ?

Thanks
    E

2. Hey Eddy! I'm new to Hydro as well but I'm starting my first run...

I put 2" of hydroton in the basket before my rockwool cube with the germinated seed in it. then you are suppose to bury it... I like to leave room so the plant can just rip through but up to you....

EC is electroconductivity, it is a relationship between the amount of solids or nutes in your water... You use a TDS/EC meter to test the nute level... Since we can max the amount of nutes in the grow it's an easy way to keep track.