Quick question about watering! PICTURES

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zackmsprofile, Jan 9, 2010.

1. I had a recent fungus gnat problem but, they have been gone for about 3 days. I killed them by covering the top with sand. i have been watering once every three days or so and i use a moisture meter. i water when it gets to about the 3. I stick the prong in about three inches down. is that cool?
    [​IMG]

2. is there a question somewhere in there?

3. Put the tester all the way to the bottom of the pot. The roots have alreays reached the bottom at that stage.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

4. Put the tester all the way to the bottom of the pot. The roots have alreays reached the bottom at that stage.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

5. Yeah, put the moisture meter probe all the way to the bottom - 3's a good number to get to. Take note of how heavy the pot feels before and after watering. I predict that over time, you'll get a feel for when to water just by noting how heavy/light the pot feels and you won't even need the moisture meter.

Do not trust the ph probe you have. They are notoriously inaccurate. Save up for a digital ph meter or, at least, use ph test strips.