quick question about male plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by STilladelph, Nov 3, 2012.

1. I have 3 plants right now that are vegged for 5 weeks now and I believe I spotted what appears to be the formation of male pollen sacks on 1.

My question is, will a plant in vegetation mature enough to pollenate my other hopefully female plants?

2. If those male flowers open, they will shed pollen. If the females have any "hairs", they can be fertilized!

Granny

3. chuck it, you can never be too save man. i was growing blue rhino from seed and had males mixed with fems. i could see the male sacks literally double in size every 3 days. I dispossed of the males asap, if you can visually see the sacks your playin with fire unless you know exact flower times for the males they can pop unexpectedly and ruin the whole room.

If for some reason

4. males can be detected based on their shape and smell, even before preflowers.. take notes on your male's then you may notice once and a while if a chronic male appears. stickier, muskier, and more robust than the rest, and if it's a F-2 you're ready to breed.

5. the males i pulled smelled dank weeks before the fems showed preflowers. i felt so bad chopping them...they would have bred dankness...

6. Well the others haven't shown any sex yet and I don't wanna rip this one only to find out they were just new growth forming.

7. Well to my dismay, after closely looking at all my plants, 2/3 were developing male pollen sacks. That makes 4/5 plants this time were male....how shitty. Definitely buying feminized seeds next time around and not bagseed

8. [quote name='"STilladelph"']Well to my dismay, after closely looking at all my plants, 2/3 were developing male pollen sacks. That makes 4/5 plants this time were male....how shitty. Definitely buying feminized seeds next time around and not bagseed[/quote]

Happened to me too, but the next attempt from bag seeds gave me all females

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

9. Yeah my first grow was 1/3 males and this time 4/5....Its just hard for me to justify paying $30+ for seeds when I have a container full

10. i know how you feel about the hit or miss ratio on regular seeds. my last round was 3/5 male, and they smelld soo dank i swore they where fem.

i got 36 afgoo right now and am crossing my fingers I get @ least 20 females. im going to germ another 40 today, i have like 200 afgoo seeds, 150 JAS, 50 xxxOG, 20 candy kush, all reg seed not femenized, might only see 90-100 females...

11. i planted 2 random seeds and got 2 plants one male and one female.. its literally a 50/50 chance unless you go feminized and then i believe there is a small chance that one of them will be Hermie (1% or something) could be much higher ive crammed lots of info in the past 2 weeks... Fem is the way to go.. they still produce seeds...

12. It's just the luck of the draw. I planted 11 bagseeds, got 1 male, 2 hermie, and 8 females. You never know til you know.