quick question about amendments...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dylan843, Feb 14, 2013.

1. So lss, I need 3 cups of alfalfa meal, crab, neem, dry ferts, and 6 cups of kelp per 20 gallon hole. But when I'm trying to order these on ebay all they have is them measured in pounds. 17 holes, 3 x 17 = 51 cups (102 kelp)

My question is approx how cups of these are in a pound so I can order enough? Id hate to bring it all to the spot to find out I'm short.

Also, shout out to the guy that told me about the "rabbit manure au ju" for ferts, basically 3 cups rabbit manure mixed into 5 galllon of water, one cup added to each water jug for watering. So I was wondering would it be a good idea to add anything else to this mix? I was thinking some molasses or something.

Thanks guys!

2. Cups are a measurement of volume and a pound is a measurement of weight....They are not interchangeable, especially because different substances have different densities

3. For real I had no idea? I was looking for a sort of estimation from people who have bought before. I got nothing to work off of haha. And I know they got different densitys but there basically the same structure I'm sure its only a small difference between them.

4. Bump...how many cups approx in a pound?

5. Approximately 2. A cup is 8 fl/ozs so depending on the weight of your material, you'll get varying amounts per pound.

A cup of basalt dust is going to weigh more than a cup of kelp meal for instance.