Quick outdoor flowering question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ebsters, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Hey all.

I've started some plants indoors. They are vegging along nicely, but my grow space is starting to get overtaken, and I have too many plants for my area. So I'd like to put them outdoors. I have a good spot for them where they will get plenty of light, and will be easy to water. Problem is I cannot let them become sprawling monsters I'd like to keep the plants under 5-6 foot if possible. I've always grown indoors so I could choose when the flowering would start. The plants are under 24 hours light right now.

I'm at 34 latitude. According to time and date for today there is 14:30 hours of daylight per day and decreasing. If I put my plants outdoors now will they start to flower? or will they vegetate for a while then flower.

August 1st there is 13:40 hours of daylight, For my area I truly don't go under 12 hours of light until september 25th.

I have the option to grow either indoors or outdoors, but the sun is certainly better than my grow light (600watt hps)

2. ebsters..
    Coming from a 24-0 environment they will slam to flower the moment they get the first night of dark.. Light shock from to big a mismatch in lighting will trigger flower every time..
    I'm in So Cal at latitude 33 and time matching for a clean transition to outside is tricky at best..
    14.5 is the actually trigger time for most strains leaving just June and July as usable veg months for us..
    Never freezes here so I can use the outside as my year round flower room needing just a veg space to light up..
    If you get a flowering plant that's stretching past the height you'd like it's a simple matter to get her to bend over..
    Take pliers and crush the main stem for about 12 inches or more.. This acts as a strain relief and you can pull her top over without snapping the stem.. It looks bad but fluids will flow past the damage and the top cola will finish in a horizontal position.. I've used this trick on several lanky sativas that pushed up over the 6 foot fence..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 ebsters, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Thanks bud! These are my plants as of a few days ago, I reckon I should continue to veg them for a bit longer before sticking them outside then. I just wanted to make sure before I stuck them out, I figured they would start to flower.

Would it be better to step down the light say an hour per week before putting them out?
    IMG_20160629_183530029_HDR.jpg