Quick, Easy, Cheap, meal...?

Discussion in 'General' started by Weebie, Dec 29, 2008.

1. #1 Weebie, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
    So, I'm about to head up to the grocery store when I get off work and get some food for tonight.. I have nothing to eat, except one frozen meal which I'm planning on saving for 2morrow so I don't go starving all day long.

So, my question to you knowledgeable blades is - What should I get from the grocery store that I can make a meal with that is CHEAP, (somewhat) easy to make, and of course, absolutely delicious.

I can cook, but I have basically minimal knowledge on actually going to the store and buying the food to cook with.. All the spices and stuff....

What should I get GC?!

2. If you can afford it

a box of hamburger helper and a pound of ground beef can feed you for a couple meals
    and its pretty idiot proof

3. posters above ended the thread

:D

4. #6 Weebie, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
    WORD! I completely forgot there about hamburger helpers :D:D

I think I'm gona go with some pasta tonight though... Some chicken cutlets if I can find em and maybe some alfredo sauce.... Maybe some kilbasa sausage to go along with the sauce? :smoke:

fuck, nope can't make pasta... I have no drainer :(

5. i love top ramen. a pack of 6 for $1.47. :eek:

6. Make homemade hamburger helper and get enough food for days LOL

1 jar spaghetti sauce (cans are $1)
    1 lb ground beef (brown and drain) (cheapest is fattier $2)
    8 oz shredded cheese (cheap kind can be found for $1)
    1 pack spiral noodles ($1.50 if you look around) (boiled and drained)

mix. +/- $5.50 gets you nearly 3 lbs of food, its a huge pot and yummy, this would feed me for 4 days straight, me and my kids for at least two!

7. you don't absolutely NEED a strainer. My ex never used one, she would always use the lid to catch the pasta as she poured out the water. May have a little bit of water in your pasta, but may be worth it. Bigger pasta, like the twists punkmom was talking about would probably be easier to keep in the pot that spaghetti noodles or something.

If you don't want to try that, manwich sauce and ground beef is pretty cheap, i think.

8. They make chicken helper too bro,

and yea we have a pasta strainer i NEVER use it
    just tilt the lid a little and pour the water out

9. I would have to second the motion with Ramen noodles..

You forget how gooood they are when you haven't had them in a while..

10. If you're in Lawrence get groceries at Checkers on 23rd and Louisiana, you save a lot of money there and the only difference is you have to bag your own groceries.

11. Taco Bell are the sluts of the fast food industry. Cheap, quick, and greasy.

[​IMG]

12. Bagel(or an english muffin will do) + shredded cheese = HOMEMADE BAGEL BITES! :D