Quick Drying Fresh Buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ifight4russia, Jan 16, 2007.

1. OK OK, I know, I should be patient and dry and cure my buds the right way, BUT some very close friends whom I haven't seen for years and probably won't for just as long are in town, and I have to share my first grow with them, especially since I'm harvesting right now.

What is the best way to quick dry some buds? My friend has a dehydrator for fruits, would this work well? :confused:

2. I have heard that the food dehydrator works IF you remove the heating element... but I think that will slow the process considerably.

3. Take just enough out to last for 3 days. Take the remaining buds and hang them in an array closet and crank up a fan for 3 days. then take the 3 days supply and place it in foil ontop of a warm place with good air flow. depending on the dryness of the bud you start with is green, it could take a few hours , 20 to 30 min for some dry bud. Caution quick drying your green buds is trickery. I like to take at least 6 hours and process the bud. If i have to dry a green bud i dry it to the point of crispness and then place it in a mason jar and flash in the frig for about 10 to 20 min. Even after a quick dry and 10 min in the fridge i end up with sticky tasty bud. the high is clearly not harmed. in fact the herb just gets better with time but its good the second you pick it. Do it man, blaze with your bros. Cure the rest and tell em to come back in 2 weeks for the sickest blaze!

4. PS: Figuring out how much you smoke in 3 days is trickey now that you have all the herb you want. Good luck, LOL.

5. PPS: My bor just told me hes used a dehydrator and it works great, so use that and keep you eye on it and check every 15 min. Dude said 10 min can fuck your shit up, be crispy like oregano. Still place in fridge, freezer works good also. Don't leave it unattended and be prepared for a dank smelling house for the next day or so.

6. yep, dehydrator. put the bud on the middle tray and open the top vents all the way. should be smokeable in a few hours. taste and quality does suffer some doing this, but not as much as if you used a microwave or oven.