Quick Clone Question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by UpstateHydro, Nov 7, 2009.

1. So my plants are ready to clone. I have my tray and dome, Heat pad, cubes and rooting gel/root nutrients. Ive cloned many time before and do really well, around 90%.

But..
    I never knew whether or not to put the new cuttings straight into a dark, warm and humid place for a few days or right in the grow area.

I do it both ways and it works I just want to know which way is better..

Thanks

Any other information on cloning is welcome.

2. low light. either far from the light on the floor, or on a shelf above the grow. while they do need light, they need very little or they will yellow prematurely.

3. I agree with the low light. I just killed a whole bucket of clones, by putting them under a 300W (65W) CFL. They looked like they were getting close to having roots, maybe 5 days in there. I thought they could use the light. My bad, next day they were all dead. I did an autopsy and the stems all turned to mush. Almost like they tied to suck up to much water (without roots) and sucked themselves inside out.
    This was my first try with the sprayer setup. Had to reset new clones in rockwool. I have a 100% success rate in RW using root tone.

N

4. #4 janemba, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    i have an ezclonner and a tray and dome, ez clonner is on the bottom self with 2 24" t5's about 8" above. and the tray and dome are on top with a 65w cfl about 8" above (also 250w MH about 2 1/2' away) had 100% sucsess last batch of clones in the dome and tray. they both work well, but i think the light over the ezclonner is to much, cuz they are starting to yellow, and root growth seems to be slowed....
    then i throw my rooted clones right under a 1000w hps, as soon as i see roots and they do fine, i dont veg them after they rood i go strait to flowering.