Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questons about Definitions of smoking words

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ibehigh21, Mar 6, 2010.

1. So I'm 21 and I was with some of my friends and they were talkin about bongs so can smebody please give a list of every single bong??
    And they were talking about words that I didn't even understand because I've never heated about someone smoking weed
    thx!! :)

2. well a bong is a bong unless they were talking about brands like zong roor or illadelph.
    But if theyre talking about smoking pieces..
    • Bong
    • Gravity bong
    • bubbler
    • steamroller
    • glass blunt
    • hookah
    • vape
    • sherlocks
    • chillums
    • spoons (correct me if im wrong but isnt that what regular bowls are?)
    • those little metal bowls
    and thats all i can think of :smoking:

3. ^
    yes, the regular pipes that people usually have are called spoons. lol.

4. Go to bongin.com and at the bottom right is a glossary, but not that much is there, but it might be a place to go to help educate yourself some.

Sammy

5. also

waterfall
    lung/parachute

6. #6 Glass Clown, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    A bong is a water pipe with some of carb. They are usually free standing and have a bowl for the weed, and a downstem that goes into water. They come in many shapes and sizes. The carb method may be a slider where the bowl is removed after the hit, or it might be a hole that you cover with a thumb someplace, either on the bowl or on the main body of of the bong. If the slide out is glass on glass then it can be called GonG.

The purpose of the carb is to allow you to suck in plain air through the path of the smoke to clear out the smoke that's left over in the bong once the hit is done burning.

Bongs can have various attachments, like ash catcher or places to put ice to cool the smoke.

A small water pipe that's not free standing (well some are, it's a gray area) is a bubbler. A bong is usually free standing in the sense that you can set it on a table and take a hit without holding it (although most of the time you do hold it.) A bubbler you hold because it looks more like a pipe. Bubblers usually have a carb hole and not a slide but I suppose there's an exception to every rule.

Look at the Grass city store and all its products and that will give you a good idea what's out there.

I don't know a whole lot about waterfall or gravity bongs, but those usually use water flowing out of one end to suck the smoke into the bong, then you suck the smoke back out again. The main thing about a true bong is that it filters the smoke through water. You can make a gravity bong do that I guess, but I'm not sure how that'd work. I think they call those bongs simply because they involve water.

I can't think of another kind of bong off the top of my head, but I'm not a piecemonger like a lot of heads.

Edit: sometimes you'll hear percolator, or perc for short. That's a part of a bong where the smoke goes through water by multiple paths, so it bubbles more. The idea is that the smoke comes into more contact with water and gets cooled more. Technically a perc is part of a bong but some people will refer to their percolating bong as a perc.

7. If you dont smoke weed why do you care? Their so many slang words it take pages to answer them all