Questions...Someone help for next year!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lovethew33d, Nov 27, 2011.

1. I'm doing 3 plants next year and had a few questions for anyone with some growing experience. I have the FoxFarm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom fertilizers. Do you guys use the recommended dosages with that (2-3 table/teaspoons 1x a week) or 1/2 strength like many other plant foods I've used in the past?

Is it necessary to get the Big Bloom fertilizer? FoxFarm isn't cheap or easy to find for me. I was thinking of using Molasses with my flowering nutes and in between waterings during flowering...will this affect the plants too much?

I know pH isn't a HUGE deal, but it helps. Is the pH of the water measured before or after nutes are added? Also, is tap water that bad for plants or should I be putting that chlorine remover in the water that some people use or things like fishtanks? Not sure if it's better to use it or leave the tap as is...

1 Last thing. What is a basic and simple soil mix to obtain? I don't know where together blood meal or anything, but I was looking at Black Gold Organic Soil. Thought it'd be great but I don't know where buy the stuff. Anybody who can name off some common stores I could pick it up it'd be appreciated. Thanks a lot guys. Stay lifted:smoke:

2. Anybody? Please guys kinda need ya here

3. Fox farms are good I have used them in the past. But I found out that BC nutrients is much easier to understand for a beginner. it's tells u on the back of the bottle exactly what to mix it with. and how many parts per million are in a teaspoon. If u r a beginner I recommend that. This is what I grew this year with BC.

Attached Files:

4. What does BC stand for? And in the past I've heard FoxFarm was basically made for growing bud so I figured the measurements would be right. I might try BC next year but I already bought this stuff. Anything else in this forum you could help me with? I guess nobody else has any answers..

5. [quote name='"lovethew33d"']

I know pH isn't a HUGE deal, but it helps. Is the pH of the water measured before or after nutes are added? Also, is tap water that bad for plants or should I be putting that chlorine remover in the water that some people use or things like fishtanks? Not sure if it's better to use it or leave the tap as is... :[/quote]

Ph for water and soil should be between 6.5 and 7.0. And nutes can change the ph level so test the water after.

6. How do you do that if the mutes change the water color though?

7. [quote name='"lovethew33d"']How do you do that if the mutes change the water color though?[/quote]

Yeah it is hard to get a reading off one of those vials. I would invest in a different ph meter that doesn't read it by color. Or make get your tap water to about 7.0 because the nutes will drop the ph(not make it rise as I stated befor. My b) n then that should put it at about the right level.

8. Nice, thanks. Do you have any idea where I could find neem oil?

9. [quote name='"lovethew33d"']Nice, thanks. Do you have any idea where I could find neem oil?[/quote]

You can find neem oil at home depot and probably most nurseries.

10. For your chlorine issue, just let your water sit out overnight. The chlorine will evaporate

11. boil then let sit

12. ^ that's true too. I just stick a cup of water on top of my TV overnight

13. Any soil suggestions? Really tryin to find something good

14. [quote name='"lovethew33d"']Any soil suggestions? Really tryin to find something good[/quote]

If your just going to lowes/home depot then you should probably make your own mix. If you can get to a nursery or hydroponics store you could pick up fox farm/pro soil. Can you order offline?

15. I went to lowes or home depot one day and they had promix..i was really surprised..anyway theres a lot of things you can feed em and you wouldnt ever have to touch liquid nutr.ients..if you.can get to a hydro store go for promix and guanos..high n bat guano for veg and high p and k seabird guano for bloom..worm castings promix and perlite as a base to hold the roots and you wont have to give anything but water for the first month...good luck

16. 6 bucks a 1.5bag at menards for ultamite organic promix