Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions on gray area of law

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by tekeen, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Can anyone enlighten me as to how other states medical marijuana laws deal with this.

35. I live within 1,000 feet of a school, which is a "drug-free zone." Can I still grow and/or possess my medical marijuana there?
    The Medical Marijuana Act does not address this issue. For questions about laws other than the act, please contact your local law enforcement agency for guidance or consult with your personal attorney.

This is in Montana.

First off we cannot afford a lawyer and secondly the local police chief thinks of marijuana users as "lazy dopers" and he is probably kissing DEA ass.

So I really need to know what could happen if per chance something went wrong.

Could they nail a patient and caregiver to the wall or would they make an exception?

2. Within 1,000 feet of a school unless in a private residence.

3. Hey,if You are careful

dont have too many plants or too much weed.

dont sell ever

and dont have wild parties, or smoke and be a bad driver.

if you dont bother anyone or the little children You will be fine. If you flaunt the fact that you can smoke legaly(plant in front window, ect) you will be hassled
    :smoking:

4. Yeah I noticed that oregon has the same unspecified bit about being a medical user/grower within 1000ft of a school.

So it really seems to me like you guys are correct for the most part that as long as we don't flaunt it things should be alright.

The laws here in Montana are downright draconian with the prison time and crap they give out for cultivation.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4548

compare that with

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4525

It looks like california mentions that the laws don't really apply to patients and caregivers so maybe they got it set to where it's fine to do your thing within 1000ft of a school.

That just makes me freaking sick to my stomach to think that they could use the 1000ft within school thing registered or not to f**k you up the arse.

They don't mention it in the laws so I guess I will shoot a few lawyers an email and hope they can give a decent answer for free.