Questions on Closet Growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by toe kin, Mar 5, 2010.

1. I'm moving into my own place in 6 months and know very little about growing. My old man used to just grow it outside, but I live in a slightly more populated area, so I was thinking about growing a plant or two in my closet. I was wondering if I could get you guys to help me out with a few questions.

1. How many plants would I need to grow at a time to have a constant supply? I take down a quarter a week when I have enough, but I could probably cut it down to an eighth.

2. How bad of a smell problem would I have and how much space would it take up? I probably will not have a walk in closet.

3. How precise do I have to be? Could I get away with straight up potting soil, bag seeds, florescent lights, and tap water if I follow the process?

This is my first post on here, so I'd appreciate no flaming. :smoke:

2. I'd start with your consumption. How much do you use each month?

If you were to use half of a standard-sized closet, you could easily fit several plants. If you LST, you'll have no issues with height. I have six plants in the back of my walk-in, and they fit just fine. The are in a rubbermaid tote and have plenty of room to grow upwards.

3. Get a walk-in closet, its a must

4. An ounce per month is about what I would like

5. i didnt see when his was posted so sorry if u get this late. i closet grow and i can tell u the smell wont start to be noticable until like the 4-5 week of flowering. As for any floros be careful and dont go cheap! Personally i dont use the T12's, use the T5's at least. Even though they cost alot more, but will do the job right. And hell naw dont use tap water, you dont know the exact ph of tap water and you COULD give the plants somthing bad for them. So use normal distilled water from the grocery store and make sure to add your nutrients as instructed, ok? u should be good

6. I would go for it.start the grow and youll learn as you go:smoke:

7. Heres my setup bro i have a 2 bedroom apt with a small walk in closet and i set it up good for around 450-500 bucks $360 was for the fill & drain system i use which is highly recommended for a closet since its long and narrow, plus it holds up to 10- (3 to 4.5ft) plants. heres some pics. feel free to ask any questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]