questions needing answers plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fogman, Jul 30, 2009.

1. first time grower here needing as much asssistance and advice possible
    i have been growing my 6 plants for almost 2 n a half weeks now. I have an aeroponic/fog system. In the root chamber ( where the roots are growing) i have an ultrasonic fogger x1 goin all day and hav 14 nozzles spraying nutes onto the roots 8 times a day for 15 mins. hav a 400watt hps light on 18hr. my grow room is 20" long 28"wide 5 feet 3"tall and my root chamber is 13" high and i have my grow light 23" above my tallest plant which is atm 16". 5 of my plants are close to 16" and the 6th plant is only 8"tall. i have a concern about that, should i?
    Today i measured the ppm at 1800ppm and the ph at 5. I have trimmed the bottom shade leaves off.
    My concerns [​IMG]
    When shud i bud?
    Will i have enough room?
    Which leaves should i trim to make it grow better?
    Anything else i need to know at this time? [​IMG]

Thanks guys fogman [​IMG]

2. Hey dude

You should flower according to your personal needs and desires! Your plants are going to at least double in size when you switch to 12/12 have you taken that into account? I have had sativas stretch to over four times their size! Your 8" plant could soon be a 3ft monster! ;)

I put most of my plants into 12/12 when they are between 8-12". :)

Don't trim leaves. The more leafage the better the budage. :D Tuck or tie the leaves so you get maximum light to the bud sites.

You may end up tyeing some branches down to 1. accomodate their size and 2. to get light to all branches.

:wave:

3. fuck ive been cutting all of the fan leaves off that already have a branch commin out strong will this fuck the plant up? i wont cut no more, ive cutt heaps off aswell

4. It is not a good idea, let the vegetation grow. Only remove a leaf if it is more than 50% dead. If you're only 2 weeks in, 1800 ppm is way too high. What did you add to the rez?

5. yeha thats what somone told me last night so i droped the nutes to 1500ppm, there two weeks 5 days today,and i also put bout 3 ml of super thrive in there once a week, gonna take clones today, recon i will loose yeald if i take them today and start flowering tomorrow?

6. Still way too high. You should be at like 400-500 now. 3ml is way too much superthrive. How big is your rez and what are you feeding? I'm not an aero grower myself, but those numbers are way way too high.

7. ive got about twenty to thirty lters in my res, yesterday you do need to take into acount that they are now 19 inches tall and bushy as fuck, i wish i had a camera, i noticed yesterday when the ppm was 1900 that they were drooping a bit and i droped it last night to 1500 and they looked happy as this morning, i just cheked the ppm then and it was bak to 1900 so i put more water in and it droped to 1600 im gonna leave it there today and see how they go. will i get indications from the plant when im giving it to many nutes? or are will they just drop dead?. everyones been telling me that i have it to high but my plants seem to love it? does anyone know were i can get a good diagram showing exactly were to take a clone from? i dont wanna take it from the wrong place.

8. My plants are as tall as 4 feet and I don't feed them with more than 1200 ppm. I wouldn't put more than 1 ml of superthrive in the 5 gal (20 L?) bucket I feed from. It's strong stuff, you don't need it that much. Really I don't know what to tell you. What are you putting in the rez that gets the ppm that high? Only superthrive? What water are you using? What nutrients?

9. The other thing is it's almost impossible to tell if you are feeding too much because you kept cutting off the fan leaves. That is how you usually tell if they are overfed.

10. Better you find out about fan leafs now than later lol. Not only are they the solar panel energy sources for your girls, the plant will comminicate so much to you with them. They will go limp if the plant is shocked, they will be droopy if you underwater, they will burn when overfertilized ect. ect. The list goes on.

Did you say 2 1/2 weeksand 19 inches? Damn I need to build that aero closet I've been designing!

11. Here is an excerpt from The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

If you are running in hydro its good to change your water every 2 weeks to keep out bacteria growth and to keep your plants with a good supply of fresh water.
    A good rule to go by for how much PPM each part of your plants growth has is as follows:

Seedlings should be around 50-150 PPM
    Unrooted clones to be around 100-350 PPM
    small plants to be around 400-800 PPM
    large plants to be around 900-1800 PPM
    Last week of flowering use plain water.

12. im useing dutchmaster advance and then i put 3 ml of super thrive in ill cut down on the super thrive next time, also about changing the water, ive got an ultra sonic fogger in there and apparently that kills all bakteria in the water? and i need to put atleast 4 3 ltrs in the tank a day because the plants keep on drinkin it, do you think i still need to change the water every two weeks? you guys recon ill still get a good yeald seeing as i cut the fan leaves off, i only cut the ones that were on the bottom of each plant so the ones on the top are still there, should i wait till they grow back before i flower?

13. #13 darookie2000, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
    No, you'll be okay, just don't cut anymore
    http://www.hydroasis.com/hy/pdf/DMadvance-feed.pdf Here's the feed chart. See how it says 800-1000 during the early veg? You're at basically double that. I don't think a fogger kills bacteria. In fact, I know it doesn't because I failed to change the water on my cloner and I lost a batch to rot.

14. thanx man ill make sure i change it, does anyone know a good site to get them carbon filters from? and can anyone give me any info on how much smell they eliminate and what size i would need? or any alteratives to stop the smell?