Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by newbie2it, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I tried smoking here & there as a teen, with friends, mostly homegrown stuff. I didn't like it. I remember one time once it hit me I felt like I was doing cartwheels.. I literally felt like I was tripping. Hated it. Another time I felt like I was 1/2 asleep, but couldn't fall asleep AT ALL.
    So now I'm in my 40's, and have some arthritis beginning in my joints. So I got some stuff from someone I know who grows it and thought I'd give it a try & see if it actually does help pain.
    He gave me "Master Kush". I tried it. I liked how it slowly affected you.. a nice soft, slow buzz feeling... it didn't make me feel all trippy or affect my vision really (I hate narcotic pain medication affects, and so the master kush was nothing like that for me)... nor did I feel hungry, nor did I get the dry mouth feeling... although my hands & feet felt cold from it. I had no trouble at all sleeping & the next day my joints felt amazing. I felt like I was 18 again.
    So I got some more from this same grower, but this time he gaves me "Bubble Gum". It is wayyyy stronger smelling, and I'm worried about how it'll make me feel. Not sure if it's going to be as slow acting and as mild & smooth as the master kush.

From what I've read, it sounds like I am the type of person who would prefer the sativa types, which make you feel giggly & floaty a bit, but don't make you trippy or hallucinate, nor give you that drug out narcotic pain med type effect.

Keep in mind I am not looking to get wasted. I'd actually prefer more of a good "drunk" feeling like alcohol, but alcohol has so many other side effects, and does NOTHING for my joint pain.

If anyone can give me their experience about bubble gum, and tell me what types have the same effects as master kush, I'd appreciate it. I know nothing about any of this, but want to know more to see if it's something I should seek a medical RX for, as I can't handle NSAIDS much more than a couple days & I'm tired of joint pain.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis, and althoguh mine isn't severe, it's annoying & I can't sleep some nights because my body (particularly my hips) just ache terribly.
    The master kush stopped all the pain the night I smoked it.
    Any and all advice approeciated.

MC

2. Are you in a Medical state? Because the clubs are awesome and the bystanders can give you recommendations for weed based on your symptoms and stuff.

3. Depending on where you live your arthritis can qualify you for a medical marijuana card or (MMJ) card. Bubble gum is an indica/sativa plant so it should give you a nice head high as well as a body high. Indica=body Sativa=head. It will most likely help with your pain but in the future ask your dealer or whomever you get your supply from if they have a nice strong indica. As the indica will help more with pain. :smoke:

4. Yes, I'm in MI and RX MJ is legal here. It's been legal for a couple years now. And the grower I got mine from is licensed to grow it. I don't think I'd just be able to go to my own doctor to get a RX, would I? Would I have to go to a special doc? I was told by the grower that he or someone else he knows can be my "caregiver". I guess that must be some medical term for MJ provider in legal states? I don't know the process even. Forgive me I am completely stupid about ALL this!

MC

5. Get a medicinal marijuana card? Go see your doctor man. :)

6. *** ask your dealer or whomever you get your supply from if they have a nice strong indica***

I guess that's where I different.. I actually DON'T want anything strong. I want something mild & mellow... slow acting and stable. Probably lower THC content is for me, but something clean that won't give me a headache or make me feel crappy later. Just enough to relax me and take my pain away, but not mess with my head or vision much. I'm not really looking to get high, just looking for a pain/relaxation aid. I know there's going to be some high to it, but I'm looking for ones that are least likely to have the strongest highs.
    Can you tell I'm not one who takes (likes) many meds? LOL.

MC

7. Ask your grower if he can get you a strain that has a higher cbd %. The thc is what gives you the mild tippy feeling.

Also, if you vaporize at a certain temperature(I forget the exact temp. Check out granny storm crows thread on it.) you can actually get the cbd from the plant and not the thc. Pretty awesome stuff..

In glad cannabis is helping you man.

8. A caregiver is someone who grows your MMJ for you to use in stead of you having to go to a dispensary. He will grow the strain that best fits your needs.

9. Marijuana is not what it useto be back in your day. My dad was like you he never liked it because the majority was regs back in the day but now you have so many different strains its great that you are smoking now enjoy it buddy.