Questions from a new indoor grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Medicated420, Oct 12, 2009.

1. #1 Medicated420, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
    Hey guys well I finally just started my first indoor grow and I have a question. When should I expect to see some sprouts to show up? This is my setup if it helps, theres 5 plants in my cab under 156 watts of cfl, they are set to 18/6, and even though I dont have a digital thermometer yet the cab feels exactly the same heat wise as it does in my room which is at around 72 degrees. they successfully germed saturday afternoon and I put them in their cups with soil saturday night so they've been under light since then. the soil im using is just this random brand from lowes on the back of the bag it says it contains like 80% peat moss, 18 % perlite. Oh also I put the seeds about a half inch deep into the soil and the lights are about 5 inches from the top of the cups. Also Im thinking about moving the lights up a few more inches and then setting it to 24 hours just untill the sprouts show up then putting it back to 18/6 would that help at all?

2. Just let the plant do it's thing, they should sprout soon as long as you don't over water them. Took mine a week before popping out the soil, I don't think changing the cycle is gonna have much effect so 18/6 24/0 don't rally matter until they actually sprout. Be patient, keep us informed.

3. ok that sounds legit, yea I havent gave them water sense I first put them in their cups and I just checked them a few minutes ago and the soil was still nice and damp.

4. ok well I checked them later on today and all 5 seedlings have showed their little green selves! ah they look so healthy for little seedlings