Questions for Christians

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Gr8ful4thedead, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Here are a few questions that im curious to see the answers to. Feel free to argue to me in anyway you see fit.

1) God is the great creator. He is omniscient and omnipotent. He has made all the matter, all the rules, and all of us. If all of that is true, then how do you have free will to choose wheter or not you do bad or good deeds? Everything is willed by God isn't it? Since he knows everything, doesn't he already know how you will live your life?

2) If God truly wants all souls on Earth to be good, why not just make them? If he created a Universe and makes miracles happen, why doesn't he just make everyone good?

3) Do you really want to follow a God who created people as flawed beings able to sin AND a fiery pit of eternal torture and suffering for those who do sin? Kinda sounds like he enjoys punishing souls forever.

4)If God is omnipotent and omniscient, and Jesus is God (conversely being his son?), then how could our mere mortal weapons kill us? Why would God make so many sinners, then become so upset at them for their wrongdoing he sends himself down as a bastard, tries to reform them, ends up pissing off a bunch of them, and then dying? And why did Jesus have to die to open up the heavens for fallen souls? He is the rule maker, couldn't he just open it up when he made it?

5) Disregarding the circle of how did matter/god come into being, what would God's purpose in infinite nothing be? And what drove him to go from sitting alone for all eternity to creating a complex and expansive universe with only one, infinitesimal dust ball that has life?

6)Disregarding God's own questionable existance, what was his purpose of creating people? And not only creating us, forcing us to worship him under penalty of everlasting damnation?

7) When bad things happen to good people, and the christian excuse for God letting this happen is "God has bigger and better plans for them." What could those be? Don't you go to heaven when you die? What plans could they possibly fulfill in the utopiascape that God resides in?

8) Why would God let the Devil become the ruler of heaven? And why does he let the Devil have such an adverse effect on the earth and people's lives (tempation, etc...)? Is the Devil equally or even more Powerful than God?

9)If the devil really does want to attract as many souls to hell as possible, wouldn't he just make is a fucking awesome place to be, then tell us?

10) If we are all truly children of God, then why doesn't he pay any child support? Sounds like a pretty scummy father, if you ask me.

2. Well then, everyone else will be going to hell (if it were to exist) because it is commanded by god that every person shall love every other person.

Chalk me up for two points.

3. dude, you got it all wrong.... God, the guy with the penis, has made multiple universes with multiple "select beings", us included, and it's merely a foot race to who will kill all of civilization, whatever molecular structure, in a complete jihad fashion and whoever does that is into heaven, mormons are close

4. Agnostic here. I agree. But I also wonder, just some interesting food for thought, you say he "already knows" how someone will live their life, however, he isn't bound by our laws of physics and the spacetime continuum.. He is metaphysically above that and can therefore know the future as we speak yet not be bound by the incongruency this timeline has.

Not sure you understand what I meant. But if you did, then it's some nice food for thought. :smoking:

5. ^ Fuck yeah!!!

Yo, let's get 'Maxrule' up in this thread.

:D

6. My question would start with, if their was a God who created everything, where did he reside? Is it safe to say that he was the everything? And then is it further safe to say that he is the everything.

Further to this if God is Everything, then are we not part of God?

Then as for the personality of God, is it also then safe to assume, that all personalities which have arisen, and all personalities that will arise are the the personalities of God?

At this point, are you more willing to agree that God is a thought that occurs in your mind?

Who is then the mind of God, the contemplative, or the contemplated? Wherein resides the ulterior ego?

Granted there could be many spirits, and things that we do not understand; some great, and some small. But where is the ego of this man that is who we all are?

Is it similar to Santa? Or maybe a man that got hung on a cross?

Is it that this man came to earth, manifested himself as the in all of the be all, like a reflection of all of us, in one being. And then it couldn't fucking cope with it all, and got paraded around like a lunatic and killed on a cross made of wood.

How can it be that we killed our self? Wherein is the tragedy? That we tell the story of killing ourself? Or that we actually did it? Like can you cope with the mindfuck of killing a reflection of you?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
    Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7. 1. He knows what decisions you will make, he gives you free will to choose and you do make those decisions but he knows which ones you make.

2. Because God gave us free will to choice what we want to do. He tries to guide you in the right direction but doesn't force you into anything.

3. God didn't create people as flawed, original sin did that.

4. Because Jesus was full man and god so we only killed his physical being with our mortal weapons but we never killed his spiritual being. He was a sacrifice for us so that it would be "open".

5. Ask God. This doesn't really disprove God it just questions his motives.

6. Sort of like the number 5, and he doesn't force anything we have free will.

7. Those are for you to find out. You could be set on this earth to save those in need or any other thing God has planned for you.

8. The devil has power only over the earth, although God can intervene. The devil isn't more powerful then God, and the devil was created because of free will so that you have a choice.

9. The devil wants to torture us because of the pain he is in. It makes him feel "better" in a sense that because are also being tortured.

10. Money is a material object that human beings have labeled as valuable. So I will take into consideration you mean that why God does not feed people. 1. God isn't your baby sitter he expects you to make decision on your own. 2. We were given parents for this. 3. Poor people seem to be much more spiritually sound (closer to God) then the rich.

8. logicians have shown that omniscience and omnipotence are mutually incompatible.
    If god is omniscient, he must already know how he is going to intervene to change the course of history using his his omnipotence. But that means he can't change his mind about intervention, which means he is not omnipotent.

9. "Energy can't be created or destroyed." With this limited information we can't possibly attempt to formulate an opinion as to how energy existed. Therefore we have no possibility of proving or disproving of a God or higher power.

10. The fact that we can neither prove nor disprove the existence of something does not put existence and non-existence on equal footing.

Available evidence and reasoning may yield probability far from 50 per cent.

And for someone to give such human attributes to god as listening to our inner most thoughts, performing miracles, judging good and bad deeds is preposterous!!!

11. 1)So even if he does give us free will to choose (although he already knows what were going to do, so we won't be changing our destination) that still means he created people who will suffer an eternity in hell? What an awful person. He clearly doesn't like the subjects he created to worship himself whom he can control and knows everything about. And it doesn't make sense that he gives us free will to choose, but already knows. It is through all his creation and intervention that leads one to lead the life they live, and he knows it.

2)First of all, we choose what to do, not choice what to do. Secondly, the above answers the whole "giving us free will thing". Thirdly, if he really does try to guide us on the right path, why has he strewn the earth with more temptation than anything else?

3)Wouldn't the humans have to be flawed to commit original sin? If they were perfect to begin with, they would never have sinned (and why would god want them not to eat a fruit he placed on earth? IT MAKES NO SENSE.)

4)How then, could his mortal form rise from the dead? Our mortal bodies can't. How could he walk on water? And why would god have to sacrifice a mortal/immortal (human AND divine! oh, the convenience) version of himself to open heaven? He made heaven, hell, and everyhing in between. Hell was open, earth sucked ass, why make heaven a one person VIP club for a few thousand years?

5 and 6)It does question god, actually. If he has no reason to be here, and neither do we, then what the fuck?

7) I don't give a shit what people can do on this earth, i want to know what these big plans are that God has for all the good people (of course good people is almost an oxymoron) who befall murder, or cancer, or however the die before their prime is up? They literally serve no purpose in heaven. And, if God wants to save people in need, why can't he just do it himself? He is a hell of alot more powerful and knowledgable than EVERYBODY on earth combined, isn't he?

8)I thought the devil was a fallen angel. If the devil isn't more powerful than god, why doesn't God just make him vanish? Does he like having a hellish fiend fuck all his shit up? And it makes no sense that, because of free will, the devil was created, giving us a choice. You are saying because we CAN choose, the devil was made SO we ca choose? I didn't know the egg came before the egg but laid a chicken.

9) Why? Why is he in pain, and how does torturing others make him feel better? and why does he have reign over hell to torture others?

10)No, take into consideration that mean why the fuck don't i get a monthly check from God? if he don't pay, im calling judge judy. And your list of answers in no way answered your misinterpretation of my question (why doesn't god feed people), but i will still break them apart, one by one. 1) Even though this has been covered in previous questions, if he wants us to make decisions on our own, how come he shows people the light sometimes? that is basically making it for them. 2)Even if he doesn't intervene, your saying he gave us parents to make decisions for us that you just said he wants us to make on our own? And, isn't he everyone's parents? I thought he was the almighty father. 3) you have absolutely no right to make that assertion. And even if you did, it is flawed because the number of poor greatly outnumber the number of rich. And besides, what does that have to do with the price of dildos? Doesn't it only strengthen the atheist viewpoint that the further from god you are, the more succesful you will be?

Religion is a crutch.

12. That's a nice opinion you got there.

13. #15 Falco, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
    Your whole attitude on the subject is hugely biased, which isn't anything wrong but your taking a tone of I'm smarter your stupider. If your going to argue with someone how about you keep from the language and attack someone's faith.

It is everything not everyhing. Also you spelled succesful wrong, it is a lot not alot. I'm not im, Judy should be capitalized because it is a persons name. You put too many , in your sentences causing unneeded pauses. Also it is knowledgable is not a word. Please continue to attack someone's faith that you have no right to attack. Naming the price of dildos seems way overboard, also I can answer all of your questions because in fact Christianity has a lot of loop holes in it and I can create answers out of thin air.

14. #16 dadrugsdontwork, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
    Let me first say that I am NOT a christian, but I am edumacated in the bible, which is the direct word of god apparently, so I will answer your questions via the bible, not any opinions or interpretations of the bible, just strait fuckin raw FACTS where applicable.

1) God is the great creator. He is omniscient and omnipotent. He has made all the matter, all the rules, and all of us. If all of that is true, then how do you have free will to choose wheter or not you do bad or good deeds? Everything is willed by God isn't it? Since he knows everything, doesn't he already know how you will live your life?

Apparently (this was told to me by a king priest) before you become a human, your soul and god have a little sit down and he shows you your entire life, and you choose to accept that life, so you had the free choice of choosing that life, but both god and you know all of your choices before they ever happen

2) If God truly wants all souls on Earth to be good, why not just make them? If he created a Universe and makes miracles happen, why doesn't he just make everyone good?

God DID make everyone good. Adam and Eve had no free will or intelligence, they just simply existed and obeyed god (like a programmed robot), it was the serpent who gave humanity the knowledge of right and wrong (intelligence)

3) Do you really want to follow a God who created people as flawed beings able to sin AND a fiery pit of eternal torture and suffering for those who do sin? Kinda sounds like he enjoys punishing souls forever.

This is why people worship god in the first place. FEAR. You don't want to gamble your eternal soul to a pit of hellfire, so just accept Christ and you can do whatever the fuck you want and you'll be saved. hypocrisy at its finest

4)If God is omnipotent and omniscient, and Jesus is God (conversely being his son?), then how could our mere mortal weapons kill us? Why would God make so many sinners, then become so upset at them for their wrongdoing he sends himself down as a bastard, tries to reform them, ends up pissing off a bunch of them, and then dying? And why did Jesus have to die to open up the heavens for fallen souls? He is the rule maker, couldn't he just open it up when he made it?

Christ is a myth, even Pope Leo X said "It has served us well, this myth of Christ". Jesus is based on 18+ other Pagan gods, particularly buddha, who existed 500 years before Christ supposedly existed, this includes having 12 disciples, sitting under a tree for 3 days and being enlightened (symbolic of being crucified for 3 days and then "reborn), having 12 disciples. The Nordic God Odin was also hung from a tree for 3 days and then resurrected. I wish I could find this site that gives exact comparisons of the many pagan gods that predate christ that have a dec. 25 birthday (which is bullshit, cuz by the details of christs birth, such as a sheppard gaurding his flock (this was only done when the flock was in heat) he would have had to be born in the spring)

5) Disregarding the circle of how did matter/god come into being, what would God's purpose in infinite nothing be? And what drove him to go from sitting alone for all eternity to creating a complex and expansive universe with only one, infinitesimal dust ball that has life?

This question has no biblical answer, since the bible says nothing of gods existence before creation

6)Disregarding God's own questionable existance, what was his purpose of creating people? And not only creating us, forcing us to worship him under penalty of everlasting damnation?

This also has no answer, guess god just got bored haha. According to Sumerian texts though, the gods created us as a work force by manipulating the genes in neandratal man (which explains the "missing link" between us and cavemen)

7) When bad things happen to good people, and the christian excuse for God letting this happen is "God has bigger and better plans for them." What could those be? Don't you go to heaven when you die? What plans could they possibly fulfill in the utopiascape that God resides in?

People say that because they can't think of a good reason why bad things happen, they often attribute bad events to "the devil"

8) Why would God let the Devil become the ruler of heaven? And why does he let the Devil have such an adverse effect on the earth and people's lives (tempation, etc...)? Is the Devil equally or even more Powerful than God?

Satan is indeed more powerful than god, or else god would have confined him permanently (something that'll supposedly happen after the apocalypse, yeah, right) and Satan OWNS this world. This is the reason christians believe in the rapture, because "satan can't take over the world" until he has complete ownership over the people and their minds, so god has to take all his little homies off the earth first. Then supposedly 1000 years of peace will come. If you ask me, that 1000 years of peace will come with all the xtians gone and satan being the god of earth and it's people

9)If the devil really does want to attract as many souls to hell as possible, wouldn't he just make is a fucking awesome place to be, then tell us?

Satan wants you to think freely and advance yourself as a human as much as possible, which is why he gave humanity free thought and intelligence against gods wishes. Chances are, hell is much better than heaven, in heaven, you get to "serve god" for eternity. What do slaves do? serve their masters.

10) If we are all truly children of God, then why doesn't he pay any child support? Sounds like a pretty scummy father, if you ask me.

Stupid question.

by the way, god is NOT omniscient or omnipresent. All you gotta do is read a little bit. In the garden of eden god has to come into the garden and call out for adam and eve while looking for them. he also doesn't know they've eaten the fruit until after they ask if they are naked, and even then his dumbass goes "who told you you were naked..... oooooohhhh SATAN! ONE OF THESE DAYS SATAN! POW! STRAIT TO HELL!"

He also has to have his angels go down to earth and report back what the people are doing, You can read this in the very first sentences of the book of job. This also goes back on xtians saying "nobody is perfect but god"... well if you read, you'll see the words "job was perfect in gods eyes"

Do these people even read their fuckin holy book? I'm willing to bet not even 1/3rd of xtians have ever read the bible, they just know the stories preacher man tells them

15. ^ why would god need a work force? :confused:

16. Likewise if it was only evil, then there would be no good. Satan is a creation of mankind. The twisted, ill informed and misguided human that brings forth the evil where evil would otherwise have no existence. If one believes in Satan and believes in God, they are sort of worshiping two deities, separate from each other.

(Dare i say)It's the fear of hell that keeps many in the church in check. Otherwise the need for the church would be obsolete. Therefore the foundation of the Church is fear... an illusion but it does have it's place in politics, doesn't it.