Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about Vaping, THC, and Money

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by trenchmark, Jul 2, 2015.

1. I've been using weed for years, but my knowledge base is alittle different because I've mostly vaped, and it's usually by myself. As aresult, I have some questions that are kind of basic, along with questions thatmost people won't be able to answer. Just answer whatever questions you can!

1. Location, Location
    I live in Wisconsin, and if I want to buy weed that camedirectly from places like Cali, I need to pay a lot more. But if I lived in Cali, would I be able tobuy better quality herb for a much lower price?

2. Vaping Shit
    I bought some stuff that is more brown-green than actuallygreen like it should be. But it does have trichomes, albeit small and notinstantly visible. The thing is, it gotme pretty high. With smoking, lowquality herb may be worse for your health, but if I just vape it, is it a non-issue?Or in other words, does quality of theherb matter less when you vape it?

3. Speaking ofTrichomes
    Can you look at weed and see how much THC it has by lookingat the crystals? Or is it not quite that simple?

4. Shelf Life
    My milk has a printed expiration date, but unfortunately myweed does not. As long as it is stored in something that keeps air out (for themost part), will it last a while? How will I know if it starts growing actualmold.

5. Time & Money
    I was hanging out with some other stoners, and they asked mehow long it takes for me to go through an ounce. I told them a couple months. They were surprised to hear how long it lastsfor me, while they go through an ounce in a couple months. But how could a group of college studentseven have the time and money to be smoking that much? I pay around $150 for ahalf, and with work and sleep I only have 4-8 hours of free time per day. I'm not sure how they do it so clearly I'mmissing something.

6. Like Marley
    This is my most important question and it ties in with theprevious one. I smoke about 0.25 gramsin the morning before work, and it will give me a high that lasts 3 hours onaverage. Then I repeat after work. So, Ionly use half a gram a day and I'm high for 6 hours, which is plenty oftime. So how am I able to go throughsignificantly less weed, and still get my fill?

My theory is that there are two reasons for this. For one, Ivape, and I think I can use less product and get just as high. Secondly, I think by smoking no more than Ineed to max out my high, I can keep my tolerance low. People build up their tolerance by smoking 3bowls in 1 hour trying to get the same feeling they used to get when theirtolerance was low, not realizing that you can't simply get higher and higher bysmoking more. It's not like alcohol; ithits a peak.

Thanks for reading!

2. Well I will tackle a few...
    1. Yes it should be cheaper if you live there as there wont be any 'transportation' costs.
    2. It varies, if the bud was not properly flushed then you may be smoking/vaping some of the leftover nutes. And interesting way to test this is by smoking a bowl. The whiter the ash the better. Vaping is 'healthier' then smoking any way you look at it.
    3. Not quite that simple but it can certainly give you an idea. Only way to know for sure is to get it tested.
    4. Not sure the exact shelf life bud has but, I still have bud from...February 2014. Smokes and smells great, although I should re-hydrate it a bit. Store in mason jar in a cool, dark place.

3. 6 low tolerance

4. Dankness420 tackled em. Just to reiterate what he said (because i like to watch myself type):
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes. (Still a risk to vaping weed that has say, been sprayed with pesticide, but it is almost always safer to vape than combust)
    3. Kinda. Dankness420 said it best.
    4. I have buds even older than feb 2014 i think... Still totally fine. Get a mason jar.
    5. They probably smoke giant joints and blunts all the time cuz they are in college. You, on the other hand vaporize, mostly by yourself you said. Seems obvious.
    6. You sound like you already know

5. 1. YES
    2. No. Weed quality matter no matter how you consume it.
    3. No. It has to be tested in a lab.
    4. You will see white powder on your buds. That's mold
    5. I don't know
    6. I don't know