Questions about upcoming drug test

Discussion in 'General' started by ConcernedTest, Mar 19, 2013.

1. #1 ConcernedTest, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Hello forum members! I could greatly use your advice, so thank you in advance!

I have been a daily smoker for 4-5 years, smoking about a 1/2g - 1g a day. I recently graduated from college, so I decided to quit smoking so I could ensure good employment opportunities. I quit smoking around the tail end of January, so I believe it has been at least 40+ days since I have last touched weed. I have been around pot smokers on two separate occasions since then, but I did not smoke (one of which was yesterday). I did in a moment of stupidity smell the weed my friend had. I know that shouldn't be problematic, but lol who really knows?

It is possible that if I get the job that I desire (I am in the interview process for a big consultancy firm), I will be employed by the first week of April or so. I am also assuming that the drug test will be somewhere around that time frame. Now that you know my background, I have a series of questions for you.

1. Does my chronic smoking put me at risk of failing the drug test despite not having smoked well past the 30 day period?

2. Will my being overweight be a problem? I am not obese, but my BMI is definitely above normal. I am a big fitness enthusiast, I lift weights 4 times a week, but there is no denying that i have a lot of extra fat. I have heard that can be bad news for weed smokers undergoing a drug test.

3. Do I need to worry about a false positive showing up because of my friends smoking around me? Will I have any problems with a urinalysis test? Shall I use a cleansing product just in case? What about a saliva test/blood test?

4. What if I am required to take a hair follicle test? Will I need to by a hair shampoo in case they do administer a hair test? I have heard they can trace weed up to 90 days on those. Will I need to get my hair cut short a bit because the older hair may have traces of weed in it? I know I cannot get it cut shorter than two inches, because then they might need hair from somewhere else. Shall I order the hair shampoo right away, or wait till the test date is settled? I believe most of the sites do same day shipping.

5. Does anyone know what kind of drug test most consultancy firms typically use?

Any other advice? Thanks again.

2. hair follicle test maybe if you're becoming a doctor

3. Thanks I will keep that in mind. Could use some more feedback as well!