Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about this wonderful herb, it's effects, and other people's experiences.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jeffyjeff, May 6, 2021.

1. I've been toking the devil's lettuce pretty hardcore since Summer 2019 when I was first introduced by a friend. Marijuana makes me very happy, and while I sometimes feel sluggish without it due to my admittedly copious use, I've always felt okay.

Some days, when I have abundant access to the stuff, I light up whenever I'm on the comedown. Marijuana has never made me feel like crap, other than the three few intense panic attacks I had from smoking strains that I could not handle, or smoking too much. I have a terrible, terrible tolerance despite my use, which is fine because it just means it takes less to get high.

For the past two to three weeks, I've noticed I feel all around malaise and uncomfortable. Went to patient-first and they told me I had prehypertension. It's essentially slightly elevated blood pressure that can be alleviated by simply making better lifestyle choices. I've been working on my diet, which wasn't the best, but it can't hurt to be better. I've been more active recently as well, working with my father OUTSIDE (god forbid) and it's become a habit to want to do things recently.

All of these choices were short-term decisions I made to see if they made me feel better physically, but they didn't. So as a last resort, I took two days to be sober me, and all of the physical symptoms that had been stockpiling recently (reddened skin on hands and feet, very protruded bulging veins, immense pain in legs and thigh, amongst MANY other uncomfortable and all around icky things), while they didn't immediately disappear, began to improve. The veins in my fingers and feet no longer looked like the backside of a bodybuilders neck, which was nice.

I should mention I've had various subpar issues with my physical health on and off throughout the year now, nothing too serious - but very unpleasant and redundantly annoying. I have been smoking throughout this duration of time.

I did some research and, although it's extremely rare, some cannabis users can be negatively impacted by the effects of THC. Circulatory issues, nervous system problems, among other things. Examples of this are Cannabis Arteritis, which can result in warning symptoms that exhibit similarities to diseases like Reynaud's Disease. Just all around NOT fun stuff to be thinking about when wanting to smoke kush, especially when I just got approved for medical marijuana use in my state.

It should also be noted that I am not self-diagnosing, and do plan to talk to my general practitioner about all of this, but I am hesitant because I am afraid of the answer I will get. I do not want to have to stop use of marijuana if I don't have to, but I don't want to harm myself if that's what I am doing.

I have only recently been approved for medical cannabis in my state, I smoke mostly weed dealt by ordinary individuals, like many people. I can absolutely say that I do indeed need to learn self-control. I inhale entire bowls in seconds, and might need to take a break?

So with that all out of the way, I ask users of this forum: If in any way at all you had gone through something similar, were you able to identify the issue, if any at all? Was it the cannabis, or was the cannabis just causing an already existing problem to make itself known?

Sorry if this was just me mindlessly ranting. Thanks for reading.

2. Terpenes allergy. Change strains. Switch to concentrates as most of the plant matter has been removed which is likely the source of your issues.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ya know, I've been thinking about that. Most of my strains from the past month have come from some guy in another state. A friend of a friend. I've done carts before so I'll probably give those a try, I just need to find low potency options I guess... because my tolerance is ass.

4. You can do a very simple allergy test. Rub a bud on the underside of your forearm.
    If it raises a welt or redness you'll have a clue. Many users and growers find out they are sensitive to the just harvested plant. Changes with the levels of Terpenes from the various strains.

Some will make me sneeze endlessly when freshly cut. Some will raise welts and even tiny water blisters on my skin. I remember 1 plant my trimmer TTS just couldn't do. It was like cutting onions to him and he was sneezing and all tear eyed and kept nicking his fingers with the scissors.

BNW

5. I'm gonna test it now. I don't think I'm allergic to THC or CBD, as these symptoms are relatively recent in their origin

edit: found another post on GrassCity, and it matches perfectly with what I am experiencing in terms of visual appearance and inflammation Allergic to Limonene

thought it was interesting, didn't read all of it but understood it's message

• Like Like x 1
  6. I am very sensitive to the strains I can smoke. The few sativa strains I tried gave me such bad anxiety that I almost gave up on weed.

Then I was introduced to indica, and I have been a heavy smoker since.
    Blackberry Kush, Purple Berry, Keylime Pie (hybrid dominate in indica), Ice Cream Man, and Ginseng OG are my lineup this month. They really jog my creative side, and relax me and also i feel energized and social.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah. My most recent strain felt, smelled, and looked like yuckiness.

Hopefully the employees at the cannabis commission in my state will learn how to use a keyboard and mouse so I can actually go to a dispensary and try different strains that I know are safe.

Also, update as a general response to my original post: Haven't smoked weed in a few days because I don't have any right now and doctor said to stop temporarily while we figure out what's wrong.

I don't think the weed was causing my issues, because I still feel like absolute garbo. Only downside is I smoked nonstop for 5 months straight and the t-break headaches got my tearing up a little bit and I feel like a robot <_<

8. Everyone is different but some sativa strains may actually work incredible for you. I smoked a silver haze once that was such an amazing high with no anxiety. And that's as someone who's pretty susceptible to it.

9. My friend was just talkin' about Silver Haze yesterday. I have a tendency to get a little panicky and so does he. He was begging me to try it because he loves it

• Like Like x 1