Questions about the ultimate LAZY grow setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrbamboo, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Hey,Everybody I'm still new here. I have 1 grow under my belt but I ran into a bunch of problems from PM, overheating, overwatering and a whole bunch of crap that I feel limited my harvest. Im also not going to be able to put the time into my grow like I use to. So I had this idea; What if I use subcool's supersoil along with these self watering pots? I've heard bad things about the cheap walmart types but these seem much better

420GS - HOME

I figure since the supersoil only requires you to water, and the pot waters when neccessary it seems like it would be easy to do a multi-strain perpetual grow, with a set it and forget type style. I've never done the supersoil but I already Hate dealing with nutes so it seems like a winner. Any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated before I go out spend all my little $ Thanks :wave:

2. #2 davidbowman, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
    I just finished my first grow in 10+ years, so I'd like to share some things with ya.. maybe it will help

1. Make sure to pop min 10-20 seeds so you can find the right mother to supply your garden. I didn't, and picked the most bitchy white widow cut on the planet.. it cost me alot of time and money growing shit for two flower cycles. Once you find a good cut, stick with it till you master the strain and how it grows in supersoil.

2. Make sure you cook your super soil for the recommended period. I didn't the first time around and had nute deficiencies like two weeks into flowering.

3. Once you plants are about to be root bound in one gallon containers, transplant them into your finishing pots with the supersoil, and make sure to let them grow in said pots about a month before flower. I do min half full seven gallon with supersoil, the rest in roots organic. Big plants go in a 25 gallon pot, because these plants are trained to have 64 tops and become really big.

4. Wait till ya get a successful grow under your belt with supersoil before trying it in self watering. It will help if you have any problems.

The reason I'm helping is because I have thought the same thing.. supersoil in selfwatering pots would be awesome. Let me know if ya try it, I'm out of supersoil right now, gotta mix some more.

3. This dude grows in self water pots, and uses a soil mix similar to ss and uses only water. so maybe it could work... hm.

4. waste of money

build a SIP bucket and reservoir (like a Waterfarm float-valve system, build your own though)