Questions about soil and growing cups (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by creekside33, Jun 1, 2010.

1. These are the two types of soil i have which one should i use or should i mix them both.

The first three soil pictures are of the first soil which is from a local nursery and i do not no anything else about it. The 4th picture is of the second soil is some brand new plain soil i dont no much about it ethier. I found both in my shed where my parents keep shit,

I have another question about the cups in which i will be growing in first. I have included a picture because i do not no what size the holes on the bottom should be because i put the soil in and added water jsut for a test and it seemed to get flooded and not drain to fast

Attached Files:

2. anybody ? need to know by tommorow.

3. the holes are OK but the soil does not look too good mixing maybe is not a bad idea. the large chunks tend to dry out fast so I would prefer fine grain soil maybe crush them. I have one large pot (for regular plants), with big chunky pieces like in the photo, and it was always drying up fast last year.

Check how long it takes until water flows out at the bottom when u water it- if it flows out immediately, it's too chunky. If u can get coco bricks somewhere use them- I had very good results with MJ, mixed soil and coco, about 1:1.

by the way I use to cut one larger hole into the side of the cups using pliers, about 1cm x 3mm.

4. thnks i will try to get some coco anyone else have any other ideas to?

5. i wish i could help man..im trying a grow with some regular crushed up soil...we're starting our grows at the same time

6. hey i used seed starting mix from the dollar store and it work fine.. then after week i transplanted in FFOF

7. Well if you don't want to transplant to outdoors i would not use cups.
    I just saw it here some mexican dude did this, about 100 of these cups for startup. For indoors I'd use small plastic boxes for instance ice cream/frozen fruit boxes. They can stay a while into them...

Anyway I have now a mix of these:
    [​IMG]

8. so we should mix them? what should we use more of?

9. roots are starting to sprout need some help quick can someone ttell us if the soil will be fine?

10. Hi.
    Sorry for my late reply.
    I just sent u guyz a PM.

:smoking: