Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about passing out when smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ArnoldLayne, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Alright, first thread so sorry if i screwed anything up guys. But, to the topic at hand, I have recently started passing out when i smoke. I mean ive been smoking for about 4 years off and on. The last year its been pretty much every day, minus a few months when i got busted. Recently, though, i have begun passing out from smoking. Its only happened 4 times, one of which i held it in and stopped it from happening, but its still been 4 times in the last month. It only happens if im smoking a bong of course, and I either just got off work(restaurant, so im not drinking water or sitting down ever), or im doing a wake and bake without getting out of my bed(again, not drinking any water). And I mean Im always smoking with my buddies, so when theres a bunch of 20 year old dudes together, taking rips are gonna turn into a pissing contest. So I assume it has something to do with too big of hits and dehydration. But, it scares the hell out of me itll happen every time I smoke now. Like is this detrimental to any part of my health? Last time it happened I fell off my bed straight onto my face and now i have rug burn on my cheek. Even when i drink water, if i rip the bong too hard it can happen. Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks gc.

2. you must be getting high as FUCK

3. Yeah, and lightheaded as FUCK. lol

4. take it easy. don't smoke as much as you do in one sesh, man. how can you possibly get that fucked up four times? maybe your diet isn't the best. low blood sugar?

5. Stop taking such big rips lmao that only happens when im over doing what my lungs can handle

6. Man im pretty sure I do. I get headaches all the time. And one of my friends(not all that reliable) said something about my strong sativas lowering my blood sugar even more. So that plus too big hits may be it. Idk though. And I mean I can take huge rips fine normally. But occasionally itll get me rug burn on my face.

7. How much do you think your inhaling per hit?

8. Usually i get the bowl in 2 hits, and then a third that isnt much and snaps it. I mean i got a decent bong, its no roor but it put me out almost a hundred and has a diffuser and ice catcher. Which I also think tricks me into taking hits my throat can handle but lungs cant

9. Haha yeah try lightning the hits up a bit for a while and see how that goes. Is that shit yellow when you milk it lol

10. What do you mean passing out, like fainting? Most likely it's from blood pressure, don't smoke a fat hit and jump up it forces your body to compensate it's blood circulation by lowering your blood pressure among other things

11. I've seen a lot of people get so light headed they get disoriented and fall over.

Try taking the smallest hit you can and chill.

12. Dont take giant ass breathes. Take more, shallow breathes instead of less deep ones

13. Yeah man like everything goes yellow, I dream, then sit up and realize I'm on the ground haha. And yeah, thing is it just happens once in a while when I'm like thirsty so now I either have to always take unsatisfying hits, or smoke how I usually do but get really scared ill pass out. Like I just smoked 2 bowls and I felt fine, the other morning I did and I passed out. Its weird

14. I bet you've never passed out laying down. The way your body circulates blood has to change in regards to your body position, when you just hop up from sitting or laying down the way your body keeps you from having any major problems is a couple of things, one of them being lowering blood pressure.

Hypotension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This shows symptoms of low blood pressure. Just slowly get up and down especially when you're smoking a lot of marijuana, it lowers blood pressure.

It's actually a great system, even if it doesn't seem like it.

15. Thanks for the link man, and ill definitely try what you said. I looked at the site and there were a few other symptoms I've experienced a lot. I may just have to lay off smoking for a bit or something. Idk that would suck though haha

16. It may be a long shot, but do you have an indentation in the middle of your chest, commonly known as sunken chest or pectus excavatum. I used to have this and when I inhaled deeply my lungs would close off my aorta and I would almost pass out. I had a surgery to correct it last year and now I can take huge ass bong rips and not get the least bit light headed

17. smoke until you feel good and stop...obviously you cant hang lol

18. [quote name='"Guitar Guy"']It may be a long shot, but do you have an indentation in the middle of your chest, commonly known as sunken chest or pectus excavatum. I used to have this and when I inhaled deeply my lungs would close off my aorta and I would almost pass out. I had a surgery to correct it last year and now I can take huge ass bong rips and not get the least bit light headed[/quote]

Never heard of that.
    Learn something every day!

19. I remember when I first started, I was on my own outside at about 1pm. I didn't really know what I was doing because I'de never used a bong before. So I packed shit loads of weed in burnt it all. Took a massive hit cleared the hole bottle and was literally crying with pain and a drooling mess. I had to keep whacking myself in the face so I didn't fall asleep and have my Mom find me in the garden in the morning passed out with a bong in my hand. Had to use all my will power to drag me inside. :D

20. Its not because i smoke too much in a session, its just from massive rips. My throat can handle it, my lungs just cant. Plus i smoke in my moms house(yeah im 19 before anyone asks) so I have to clear it and hold it till i grab my sploof, so I cant just realize its too much and exhale.

And dude that sucks, my eyes always water before I pass out. And the other day when i held it in and just concentrated on breathing my eyes were like pouring tears lol.

And how big was yours? I mean im pretty sure I dont have that, but the center of my chest sinks a little. One of my good friends has a crazy deep one, we toked and convinced him to eat cereal out of it haha