Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about mz12x and gaskets

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Slightly distherbed, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Hi everyone!
    New member here.
    I'm a relative newbie to extractions. I have been using the old turkey baster and butane method for a several months, finally decided to get a small closed column unit (from Ablaze). Then I find out about the mz12x solvent. The benefits of it over butane sounded great so I ordered some online. Now I just read that the Viton gaskets that seal my extraction unit receive a D rating for severe effect when used with ether. So my question is, what gasket material can be used with DME? I can only think of cork off the top of my head, and I'm not sure if the cork sheet rolls that are sold as automotive gasket material is straight cork or ground cork with some nasty glue binder. A quick google search doesn't bring up much on ether proof gaskets either.
    So, will I be back to an old school open blast with the DME or are there options for retrofitting my column?
    Thanks!