Questions about my DR80 setup...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mr.Makisupa420, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Ok so i've ordered the DR80 and I have a few questions that maybe some of you more experienced growers can help me with. Here is my goal...I want to do 4 plants in soil with CFL's only. My friend has had GREAT success with CFL only and for now it's what I can afford. So here is my questions...
    -What size pots should I use to do 4 good size plants? If I can only do 3 I'll be able to live with that. I want my plants to get as big as I can get them in this tent.
    -What should I use for ventilation? I have a small honeywell air circulator floor fan. This is where I lack the most knowledge is in the ventilation department. I need all the help I can with figuring out EVERYTHING with what I need here.
    All advice and critiquing is more than welcome....I need all the help I can get to have the ideal setup for me.

Thanks Everyone!:smoke:

2. GrowLab GL80 w/ Accessory Kit | BGH

Just stumbled across this...does this seem like a legit setup?? basically seems like it has everything I would need. And again, i'll be using CFL, so heat will not be a huge issue.

3. i like that site...

it seems like a good combo... wished you could change things... like the size of the inline fan,imo does not seem big enough if you ever upgrade your light...

i see you can add a speedster.. thats a good idea..

but it appears to be a good starting point, no matter which package deal you go with

it does not include a light... unless im wrong there

4. How come your using cfl instead of hps? I'm pritt new t this aswel

5. I don't plan on upgrading for a little while...but if I do upgrade out of cfl what size inline fan would you use? and also what is a speedster exactly?

And as for lights i have a nice wing reflector with lots of CFL lights...lots of watts, in all the spectrums.

6. I'm using CFL because I have seen first hand amazing results with CFL alone. Mainly the heat factor is much greater with the HPS lights and I get really busy at times and if I'm away I don't wanna burn my plants while i'm gone. and also CFL lights are much cheaper to run. If my yields aren't up to par though I'm sure I will upgrade sooner than later.

7. a speedster speeds and slows the inline fan to dial in temp and noise level

if you have "lots o watts" of CFL and "lots o watts" of HPS/MH... its the exact same thing, but the HPS/MH setup will produce more lumens.... with the exact same wattage

your riding a very fine line...

also, the higher the wattage on the CFL... the less efficient they become...

8. My buddy said this same exact thing. I'm gonna use the exact lumens needed per square foot with the proper spectrum for veg and flower. Just was trying to say I got plenty of bulbs on hand, where as hps is more expensive if I ever need to replace. Thanks for the tip on the speedster, you happen to know where I could find one of these?

9. Morning session bump :smoke:

10. its on that site you linked to... its on one of the drop down menus for adding additional things to your purchase...

11. The bigger the pots the bigger your plant will be(roots will have more room to grow). Speaking of ventilation, just get 4"-6" inline fan($65-$170) and carbon filter ($80-$120) . That way you'll have a basic ventilation set up....

12. Ok so here is my final setup...
    GrowLab GL80 w/ Accessory Kit | BGH with the speedster.

HTG Supply - HTGSupply 250 watt High Pressure Sodium Grow Light Decided to go with the HPS.

I am doing 4 plants and am going to use 5 gallon pots...any suggestions are welcome. I've seen a massive variety and would love some input from experienced growers.

Fox Farm soil, perilite, and nutrients. Heard nothing but great things about fox farm.

I also have a honeywell circulation fan to pop in the corner. Thermometer and PH tester.

If i'm missing anything or overlooking anything please let me know. I've never had my own indoor grow and look to all of you for suggestions and help. Also, the proper way I should have my fan and ducts setup will be helpful because I've seen numerous setups. Thanks everyone! Happy Toking:smoke: