Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions About Hash, Hash oil and earwax?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by chrisdastaberg, Apr 1, 2013.

1. So i went to an family easter get together today and there was some cuzins i havent seen in a while and while we were smoking a blunt, anyway they said they had a crazy good hookup and just got a ton of EARWAX. Now i thought this was strange since my friend said he got some hash last weekend and the dude was calling it earwax. I smoked some of my friends earwax and was gone at a party. ANYWAY this was strange since what my cousin and then my friend who is more knowledgable in hash oil n the like said it was much better then hash like 80-90% THC. My questions are
    --What is earwax?
    --what is the difference between that and hash oil?
    --how much does this usually cost?
    --how does one smoke it? (a bub, right?)

I HOPE SOMEONE HERE HAS KNOWLEDGE ON DESS THANKKKZ

2. #2 CrispyBacon, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    --What is earwax?
    earwax is a type of hashish that is extracted by BHO (butane). it's called "earwax" because it looks and feels like it.
    --what is the difference between that and hash oil?
    earwax is extracted by BHO, hash oil is extracted by boiling hash. some people think BHO is harmful, so its just a different extracting method.
    --how much does this usually cost?
    wax/earwax is pretty pricey because of the high THC content, it goes for $40 a gram around here.
    --how does one smoke it? (a bub, right?)
    most people would take dabs. its when you press the wax against a very hot surface. usually a titanium nail heated by a torch.

3. Nothing like taking a dab. It's like breathing in the smallest hint of fresh spring air that happens to be composed mainly of THC. the titanium nAil method is the way to go unless you're incapable of making sure you won't drop it on your floor

4. This is incorrect, I have no idea where you'd get boiling hash from... Earwax and Hash Oil are both BHO. Earwax is just a term to describe the texture of the oil. Earwax, Shatter, Amber, or Oil are all terms to describe BHO depending on the end result's characteristics.

Everything else in the post is generally correct though

5. Agreed. The gist of oil though, in layman's terms, is you're just taking the sticky part out of buds.

The best way to smoke this goo (whether it be waxy, oily, whatever), is to touch it to a very hot surface, the most absolute being the titanium nail, but vaporizer pens are discrete and effective for conserving oil (they use some sort of heating element and reservoir to warm the oil).

6. Nice knowledge! So i can get this from my cuzin for 40$ a gram, i think im gonna have to. We live in minnesota but they have the best grower/hookup to mail them this shit from one of the legendary medical states. one can assume where, they said they sell it for 50$ but i get a discount

7. I pay 50 in mass. It's not too bad compared to the $80/g I used to have to pay. Just load some up in my little vape pen and i'm good for like a week :smoking:

8. All you need is 1.5 grams of shatter for 420 and smoke it all at once ^.^ save major mula