Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about drug testing/court/Celebrating freedom WITH CLIFFNOTES

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mtndairymilk, Nov 7, 2009.

1. So I dunno if anyone read my post from a few months ago when I got arrested. Typical arrest story, blah blah blah, went to court and my lawyer (who is fucking amazing... but also expensive :() got them to give me a good deal. Since I am a great student (deans list), never been in trouble, work and got good reccomendations from past bosses/professors, they decided to give me a challenge: Do 35 community service hours in a month and a half (while juggling school and working nights) and we'll drop the charges. Now I wasn't mandated to do this, but if I didn't the court process would be a lot longer and I would probably end up with a worse punishment and a worse criminal record, so I completed them.
    Anyways, I was curious about what the deal is with court? My court date is next friday, presumably to show proof of my community service hours and do whatever else we have to do. But I have a question regarding drug testing and court. I've heard mixed things from people, some people say that you can be tested at court at any time and some people say that you can only be drug tested after the court has ordered probation with drug testing. Now, according to the deal they gave me, I won't be going on probation or anything, so should I be worried about them drug testing me?
    On another note, I stopped smoking probably like two weeks ago (to be safe), but then for some dumb reason decided to smoke two or three times last week (only like two bong hits each time). So basically besides those few times last week I will be completely clean for approximately 3 weeks for court. I'm doing the niacin flush just to be safe, even though I've heard it may not really make a difference. I also drink a lot of water and green tea on a regular basis and have a decent metabolism because I'm a relatively skinny guy and am vegetarian (I feel like that makes a difference i guess...). I should probably be fine if they somehow decide to test me.
    Also, what should I do to celebrate my freedom, once I get it back next friday (hopefully)? Give me some ideas!

For those who don't want to read all of that my questions are basically:
    1. Can they drug test you at the court house, or is it when/if you go on probation when they do that?
    2. Given that I'm a healthy and skinny guy who drinks a lot of water and green tea on a regular basis and am doing a niacin flush, will 3 weeks of abstaining with two slip ups in the middle make me fine IF I'm tested?
    3. What should I do to celebrate my freedom one I get it back next week?

Thanks for your help and sorry for how long this post it haha

2. I've never heard of anyone being tested in a court. But thats just me.

3. They could do a preliminary investigation before court that would include a drug test. The intent is not to bust you though... they just need a test to be sure from that moment on that positive test results aren't because of pre-sentencing use. If this is the case and you test positive they would expect your levels to fall every test thereafter.

It's cool they're being cooperative with your sentence though. I'm in the same position. Good student at the top rated private school in Ohio, no previous record, involved in extracurriculars, etc. My lawyer has been fighting for intervention in lieu of conviction which is basically probation with no conviction record. They've given it to every other student they arrested this year but not for me. They want to saddle me with a felony.

The only difference between me and the other 3 arrested for the same charges is...

4. Yea they are being pretty reasonable. I figured i was going to have to go on probation and stuff but they cut me a good deal. I also had a felony charge too, endangering a minor, which was the worst part. I guess I got really lucky, or just had a great lawyer (my bank account is FEELING it though) but it's worth it. So I guess they're most likely not going to test me? Either way I'm doing the niacin to be sure.
    Thanks for your help, and good luck to you man. I'm glad I didn't have my tube in the car when I got arrested, sorry about your toro :(.