Questions about concentrate pieces....

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Aquanate, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Me and two friends of mine are planning on moving in together, and of course being long time smokers, all agreed we need a nice glass pipe for the house. Now I've been looking through a lot on here (boy do I mean a lot) and noticed some pieces were used for concentrates. Really my only question is if these devices can be used with just ground herb, not a concentrate. Does anyone know? Also, if you would like to recommend some to me I'd love to get a finger in a good direction. Thank you and have a great day every one :)

2. You can use oil rigs for herb, it might just not be quite the perfect smoke you were seeing/looking for. Toro seems like a solid starter brand, but if you're a long time, more experienced smoker, ask around about SSFG or Sovereignty. I know I'm forgetting a couple brands

3. Thank you so much for clearing that up, I really like how a lot of these oil rigs look so I was definitely interested but I've never even had oil let alone consistently. lol.

4. Def don't smoke herb on a nail/ti pad if thats what you mean, that's just silly..

5. No. Concentrate rigs are not meant for herbs. Hence why they're called "concentrate" rigs.

6. Thank you for clearing this up, it's a very good point. I think the herb would be smokable on a ti nail/pad, but it would be sillier than trying to put your herb in a hookah. I have seen people put DD and IP slides on concentrate pieces. Obviously this wouldn't be an ideal setup, but different people have tried different things experimenting with different pieces throughout their years, and all have different tastes :confused_2:

7. If you like the look of a concentrate piece that has the nail/oil catcher attached such as this -
    [​IMG]

you can always find a female bowl piece to smoke flower like this that will fit on it if you want that option
    [​IMG]