Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Questions about Colorado MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by theruins, Nov 5, 2012.

1. I am moving to Colorado this week from a non MMJ state and considering getting my card. I have been doing some research and I am not sure if I qualify. Since I was young I have suffered from Asthma and use my vape to help prevent an attacks if I feel my chest tightening up. I also have Insomnia that I treat by smoking but I have never been to the doctor about it because of Mary Jane has always worked.
    I have done some research online and I find conflicting things about if either of these would qualify me for MMJ in Colorado. Many dispensaries in the state list one or both as qualifying
    Medical Marijuana and Cannabis in Pagosa Springs Colorado goodearthmeds.com | 866-414-6893
    Friendly Fire Medical Marijuana Dispensary and Wellness Center
    How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Colorado | MMJ Colorado Springs
    but other research says that they don't qualify.
    If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be much appreciated

2. Check the stickies. Already a ton of threads like this on here.

3. I have. In the sticky it isn't listed as a condition but I see posts like this when I search the forum of people getting it for asthma in Colorado. I was just trying to see if anyone in the same position had got theirs or had any experiences recently with trying to

4. Neither asthma nor insomnia are qualifying conditions in Colorado. Last year, Colorado cracked down and disqualified several thousand applications due to the doctors, listed in the application being either unqualified to sign the application, or for not having an on-going doctor-patient relationship with the applicant.

I can't tell you whether or not your application will be accepted, but technically, it doesn't sound like a prime candidate.

If you have documentation (by your doctors) that you've tried various traditional medications for your condition, and all of them have failed, then they'd be more likely to accept your application. IMO.

All you can do is try. With any luck, Amendment 64 will pass, and you'll be able to purchase it legally form a licensed Cannabist.

5. I am an 18 year old high school senior in CO, thinking of getting my medical card for chronic shoulder pain. I have played baseball my whole life and am a pitcher, and I have recurring pain in my throwing shoulder that often will wake me up in the middle of the night in so much pain I can't go back to sleep. Marijuana is the only thing that helps relieve the pain in my shoulder and get me to sleep. However, I am in the process of applying to various colleges, both here in Colorado and in other states. My two part question is one do I qualify for a card? And two will I be at a disadvantage in the college application process should I have my card (will they be able to know that I have it at all)?

6. Chris,

You may be able to qualify in Colorado based on chronic pain, especially if you've tried convectional treatments and were unsuccessful (you'll just have to submit an application and see what they say).

As far as I know, it shouldn't hurt your College applications (they're not supposed to have access to your records). However, most Colleges prohibit use on campus or in the dorms. If you're planning on playing ball for the College then, then MJ use will be an use, there, as well.

7. Thanks. I have tried conventional pain killers like ibuprofen and nothing has ever done the trick for my shoulder like marijuana. I won't be playing in college nor do I intend to medicate in the dorms/on campus. The only thing I'm worried about is if I wouldn't be accepted because I had a red card. It has been really difficult to find even a slightly definitive answer about mmj and college admissions on the web.