Questions about a few different things

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hamson, Jun 4, 2012.

1. hey I got my 1m2 growbox set up and have my plants under 2 36w 9500kelvin lights. The plants are 11 days old and planted in very small pots(about 2inch wide 2inch long and 2 inch HIGH).On some of the plants I can already see the roots at the bottom.Should I transplant them in bigger pots already start fertilizing and put them under my 400w hps?
    I also have a white fuzzy air filter hooked up to the ventilator thing which is connected to a pipe that leads out of the growbox. I dont think this i quite right because it seems all of the air is going out of the room. I also cant manage to control the temperature with my climat control. Should it be inside of the growbox?How can I get the humidity higher in my box?

2. Yes transplant them. Lots start small then work there way up to bigger pots. I germinate and put them in there final pot from the get go. Never fails at least in my case. Germinating outside the soil is generally to ensure you have viable seeds and dont wait for days for it to sprout wondering.

You should not need nutes for a few weeks depending on soil used.

Yes you can put them under your 400w HPS just make sure your temps are under control.

Humidity is hard to control for indoor grows. The reason being is AC sucks moisture out of the air...thats the primary method of cooling actually. if your running AC you will have low humidity. If your running the heat int he winter you will have high humidity. Just how it is. You can get a humidifier from your local hardware store or Walmart.

On the list of worries though that is way down on the totem poll.

Usually how people cool there HPS is Carbon Filter ducting to light ducting off the light and out through a inline fan sucking the air out.

Usually the filter is inside the tent as its better to suck air through then to push air out. Generally the directions state as such as well that came with the filter if you have one.

3. Thanks man