Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

questioning weather weed is addictive

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Goantanamo, Jun 9, 2018.

1. hello...
    I have been a daily smoker for about 20 years now.
    always rolled in a spliff with at least half of it tobacco.
    never smoking tobacco on its own.
    recently I purchased myself a vaporiser and swiched over completely, so i can enjoy
    smoking weed..one of my favourite things in the world, as long as possible.
    because i vape now and don't use tobacco, i find that the craving for a spliff has gone .
    it seems that the need for another spliff is just need for another dose of nicotine.
    so after 20 years of saying '' no no im not addicted to tobacco....i just use it in my spliffs ''
    i am strongly convinced that weed isn't addictive at all....
    or maybe just a little.

please ,..let me know what you guys think.
    thanks

2. Weed its self is not addictive but you can be addicted to the feeling.

Weed can also be habit forming like many other things. But you won't have any sort of withdrawl.

"Genome Soldier..?"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Saying something is "addictive" or not is a fairly broad generalization that doesn't apply to Cannabis the ways you might normally believe. The psychological dependence it can develop certainly IS addictive. There is also the tolerance aspect entailing a physical factor WRT the Cb1-2 receptors throughout the brain and nervous system. Daily medicinal or chronic, heavy recreational users will feel a physical withdrawal after stopping suddenly, but it is mild and short in comparison to what happens with opiates or alcohol, for example.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I actually quit smoking for good by vaping anytime I had a craving. I bought a huge, crapy Vapor no2 and anytime I had a urge I would hit that. The battery would only last for 2 sessions. I have since upgraded to a Pax3.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hahaha....got the same device.
    exelent choise

6. I don’t think that cannabis is addictive but I do think that ppl become dependent on the positive effects of it. I don’t use recreationally I use medically for pain, sleep, and depression. I can go without for a few days depending on my surroundings and activities but slowly over a few days with no use my body starts to hurt so I start medicating again to rid myself of the pain/anxiety.

• Like Like x 1