Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. I don't live in a state that has medical marijuana as an option. I was just wondering how people in states that do have it, get it? I know about dispensaries and prescription cards. But like do you just go into your doctor and be like I have X and Y symptoms, can I have some pot? Like do you suggest your course of treatment? If not wouldn't they put you on something else?
  2. #2 Storm Crow, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
    You have a medical problem that cannabis helps. You have a medical history of it in the form of your medical records. You talk with your regular doctor first. He CAN give you a rec, but likely won't because he's scared of the AMA and the feds. Then you ask for a copy of your medical records. They will either be run off right then or sent to you (mine took about 2 weeks to get to me).

    While you wait for the mail with the records, go to NORML and check out their list of doctors. Call all in your area- prices may vary greatly. Medicann is cheap, but apparently may not back you in court like a "regular" pot doc would. You get what you pay for.

    You take the records, the $ and any pills, to the pot doc. You get an exam and pot lecture, pay and leave legal. The note from the doc is ALL you need to be legal. That first "legal" smoke is amazing! You never realize how paranoid you were, until it's gone! :hello:

    The cards- there are 2 kinds. A county government card- optional! If you are a "cop magnet", get a card. If you are "invisible", don't bother. It MAY also go on your driver's license in some counties. :eek: I don't have one. I don't trust my local government! Then there are the "club cards"- good only at that club/dispensary. No government involved.

    If you are planning to move to Cali, get a copy of your medical records before you move!

    Granny :wave:
  3. Thanks for the info =]

Share This Page