Question with male & female

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PeeDee420, Mar 6, 2009.

1. So 35 days into veging and I think I see a few balls forming on my biggest plant. [​IMG] Do females ever grow anything that I could mistake for balls? My other plant has no signs that I can see of sex. So my question is if the big one is a male and the other is a female, what will happen if I flower them in the same room? I would like to get some seeds for my next grow but I also want some smokeable bud. Would there be virtually no smokeable bud?

2. Sometimes new growth can be mistaken for male pollen sacks. Wait a while until you are 100% sure its male. You still have some time before they open providing this is a new ID.

The bud will be smokable however quality is reduced and so is yield. Its also a pain in the ass to separate seeds from your bud constantly.

If your not sure on the sex still post some pics on here.

3. Male pollen sacs are characterized by clusters of balls. If you see multiple balls clustered together then it is male. The female has a calyx that could be mistaken for a ball to the untrained eye, but not in clusters.

If you let a male and female flower together in the same room you will have seedy bud, less smoke. If you want seeds better to harvest some pollen, kill the male, and then selectively pollinate a bud or two on your female while allowing the rest of her to develop sinsemilla.

4. I tried taking pics but my camera wont focus on it. It is soooo small but it looks like a little round ball on a little tiny stalk.

5. Sounds like a male to me from the description. Careful tho iv often nearly pulled plants being paranoid they are male only to find out they were female.

Keep an eye on the balls and see if anymore develop.

You still have time to make a positive ID.

6. I think one of my plants is a male. The seed came from a female plant last year. What do I do. Is it too late to remove the male from the garden.

Attached Files:

7. That's absolutely male AF!

• Like Like x 1