question to growers - about dating

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by smokeNtoke99, Mar 29, 2012.

1. So I read all the post here and I have a few thoughts. Hopefully my mind will stay together long enough to get them out.

1- It was mentioned that if you have a serious grow and it si Not legal you may not want to bring friends and people you care about over for fear of a raid. Why get them involved for visiting you?

2- If you are dating a woman who is not into smoking of the lifestyle it creates then it wont last anyway. How will that go, "I know we have been dating for 6 months but by the way I smoke pot???? Don't date a woman who is against weed that will solve a problem right there because you will know your GF is Friendly to the idea. My live in GF does not Smoke herb but I have a grow and go out to smoke a dozen times a day or night.

3- Do not tell anyone about your grow! Not sure how many way to say this.

If need be lock the room it is in. The first few times you have her over she will not ask. Maybe after you decide if she is long term enough you can bring 1 small plant out and set it on the counter. When she ask why it's there say you are watching it for a friend. If she is freaked out by it then you know you will either have to stop growing to stay with her or move on. It would be so small scale and temp that although she may form an opinion about it and you, it wont cause her to take action as she will think it is leaving in a day or so.

Real question is how do you explain it to kid that may visit? WE know they can't keep their mouths shut.

2. Honestly, unless you are living together, no one should know. Anyone on here that says otherwise is naive as fk. We growers have the golden rule. TELL NO ONE. Just think, you deem her "worthy" but then a few weeks later you piss her off. It happens A LOT! Ex's will fuck your whole grow up. Don't do it.

3. #23 zoomme, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    [quote name='"Tanhands"']So I read all the post here and I have a few thoughts. Hopefully my mind will stay together long enough to get them out.

1- It was mentioned that if you have a serious grow and it si Not legal you may not want to bring friends and people you care about over for fear of a raid. Why get them involved for visiting you?

2- If you are dating a woman who is not into smoking of the lifestyle it creates then it wont last anyway. How will that go, "I know we have been dating for 6 months but by the way I smoke pot???? Don't date a woman who is against weed that will solve a problem right there because you will know your GF is Friendly to the idea. My live in GF does not Smoke herb but I have a grow and go out to smoke a dozen times a day or night.

3- Do not tell anyone about your grow! Not sure how many way to say this.

If need be lock the room it is in. The first few times you have her over she will not ask. Maybe after you decide if she is long term enough you can bring 1 small plant out and set it on the counter. When she ask why it's there say you are watching it for a friend. If she is freaked out by it then you know you will either have to stop growing to stay with her or move on. It would be so small scale and temp that although she may form an opinion about it and you, it wont cause her to take action as she will think it is leaving in a day or so.

Real question is how do you explain it to kid that may visit? WE know they can't keep their mouths shut.[/quote]

Rep+.......when the rep gods let me again...

4. [quote name='"zoomme"']Honestly, unless you are living together, no one should know. Anyone on here that says otherwise is naive as fk. We growers have the golden rule. TELL NO ONE. Just think, you deem her "worthy" but then a few weeks later you piss her off. It happens A LOT! Ex's will fuck your whole grow up. Don't do it.[/quote]

This is truth, but when you have a dedicated bedroom as your grow and its the room next to your bedroom Shes gonna figure it out
    Am I rite?

5. Haha funny this topic came up, I've been in this situation for some time now. From what I've learned, girls get really paranoid about it, even a girl I was with for some time and thought she would be totally fine with it.. she was just like the others worrying. Mine is 100% legal too, I'm safe. None the less you just need to find a girl who's going to be cool with it if you plan on continuing a grow. I plan on growing for many, many years so I need a woman who will join me not fight me :smoke:

6. [quote name='"Degrassmann"']Haha funny this topic came up, I've been in this situation for some time now. From what I've learned, girls get really paranoid about it, even a girl I was with for some time and thought she would be totally fine with it.. she was just like the others worrying. Mine is 100% legal too, I'm safe. None the less you just need to find a girl who's going to be cool with it if you plan on continuing a grow. I plan on growing for many, many years so I need a woman who will join me not fight me :smoke:[/quote]

Women are hard to find ( good ones) this just makes it harder :(

7. Thanks, always appreciated.

Mine is in my Home Office Closet. I am a card holder and mine is legal. My closet wall is against the Hallway. You can hear my pumps and fans vibrating all down the hall. We have a 13 year old who knows I have a card and am legal but we never discussed the grow to her. My door is always locked. She knows about it to the point that between grows she asked me if I was going to grow more pot. It was a bit of a shock but now I don't have to put my 30 in Medicali away anymore.

8. Yeah mine is also legal its just always better ti keep it as down low as possible.

Its hard just turning 21 yet not knowing how to handling dating and that ha

9. #29 zoomme, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    [quote name='"Degrassmann"']Haha funny this topic came up, I've been in this situation for some time now. From what I've learned, girls get really paranoid about it, even a girl I was with for some time and thought she would be totally fine with it.. she was just like the others worrying. Mine is 100% legal too, I'm safe. None the less you just need to find a girl who's going to be cool with it if you plan on continuing a grow. I plan on growing for many, many years so I need a woman who will join me not fight me :smoke:[/quote]

I'm a girl and very paranoid. That's why I'm still FREE!

Edit: I am wondering how many responses are from actual growers, not just tokers....it makes a difference.

10. See in my state im legal and there's even rules saying room mates and other house occupants can't be held liable

11. Okay, I have zero knowledge on this subject (plants etc), but by the title, I can't be the only one that thought the OP would be talking about penis size... lol

12. [quote name='"Thunder Struck"']Okay, I have zero knowledge on this subject (plants etc), but by the title, I can't be the only one that thought the OP would be talking about penis size... lol[/quote]

Actually, I think u are.

13. I totally think you are man

14. [quote name='"smokeNtoke99"']I totally think you are man[/quote]

Kinda makes me curious....why penis size and what was he expecting to contribute to the conversation? lol

15. My question is more like this:

what do you tell a girl/ or even somewhat good dude friends that you are doing when you are really doing grow stuff?
    but they cannot know about it...

16. [quote name='"fukinricheous"']My question is more like this:

what do you tell a girl/ or even somewhat good dude friends that you are doing when you are really doing grow stuff?
    but they cannot know about it...[/quote]

Nothing. Think of it this way... You can't trust a person that will tell on himself. So if you tell on yourself, you really aren't trust worthy. Also, friends can't tell what they don't know. You are protecting your friends, the friendship and your freedom. If there is EVER a time to keep a secret, the time is during growing. There are a million excuses you can use....however, I don't allow anyone in my house that I would'nt trust to tell about my grow. So, my bff, my Dad and....well, that's it.

What specific scenario do you need an excuse for?

17. pretty sure he just means any time. If your like me, you hate lying. I can't stand having to make up excuses or lies on the spot, I'm someone who tries to be as true as possible, so doing that stuff really sucks. Especially lying to family.

It's just part of it. Telling/showing them could end up worse then a quick fib though, also depends on the size of your grow. If your growing in a closet or tent then lol who cares, it's nothing, I would show that to anyone. When your growing thousands of dollars in herb, it's a lot different.

18. That is totally it. I don't like to lie, and I am bad at it.

My sister, my parents, a few decent buddies who arn't great friends (but I still see a shit ton)

I am not worried about tattling on myself, I can keep a secret damn well. I don't like to brag and only 2 people know.

What I hate is having to make stuff up, like what I was doing the 3 days I was really trimming, or when I have to part ways with my friends to do something grow related...

For example, I told my sister I was shacked up with a lady friend for a few days when I was really trimming my ass off. I feel like that is bad karma, probably partially why I haven't gotten laid in over a month now. lol

For a while I was telling people I was working for a grower, but that a)seems like a lie and b) still attracts the same attention.

I call my plants girls anyways, but its a lame excuse...

Does anyone have any ideas? face similar problems?

19. That is the other thing too, growing is my passion, what I do with a large chunk of my free time, and something that always has wheels whirling in my brain. Sometimes I am listening to people talk about a concert and my mind is just thinking about what to feed with next watering...

I can't obviously talk about growing when I'm out on the town, but when I take a girl on a date, and she asks me what I do with myself, I sound like a total fucking loser when you take the growing part out of the story.

Do you people use a cover story about a job? I just don't know what to say sometimes, I am not the best at 'spitting game' but this can make it really hard...

But I do love me some ganja plants:cool:

20. #40 Visionary, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    My problem is finding 420 friendly women to begin with. I mean how do you approach it during a date? Just randomly ask "hey do you like smoking weed? If not are you cool with others doing it?" and if the answer is no start looking for a new date? Do you start off by bringing up the politics of prohibition or something from the news and use that to figure their general opinion out?

It was much easier back in hs or college when you just kinda know who's chill with it and who isn't.

Yeah that's another issue. She might ask "so what are your hobbies and what do you do with your time?" or something like that. Then you have the option of either lying(never a good way to start things) or saying that you have a passion for weed(likely to get you immediately dumped). Also you'll need to start more and more lies later on whenever you need to explain what you're doing at certain times.

I guess this is a good reason to look into growing outside in the hills somewhere LOL. Then you just need to worry about bugs, rippers and potentially Law enforcement.