Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question(s) about Hermies

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by virginharvester, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I'm not sure this is the right forum though. Maybe this question belongs in the "sick plant" section. But anyway, is there any kind of fair estimate what percentage of fem'd seeds hermie? Dutch Passion published some numbers and their rate was about 8% in the study and supposedly there was no seed hardening. But that was only one study from one company and undoubtedly they released the best numbers, which is fine.

I read a lot of reports with people saying they got some hermies. But normally they don't say what kind of seeds, regular or feminised. So I'm having trouble figuring out whether or not to get fem'd seeds and if so, how many to plant just to make sure I end up with one pure female of each strain.

It would be much easier just to get the fem'd seeds. But it would suck to have a single hermie destroy an entire yield. I really really don't want to have to order regular seeds and pot 5 of each strain in order to end up with a female or two.

1) What's a normal distribution of male/female plants from regular seeds? I've heard people report the majority of seedlings ending up male. Of course, that's a "horror" story and you tend to hear more about them than regular grows that go just fine.

2) Do regular seeds that show female end up turning hermie too and if so how often?

3) And what is reasonable to expect from a company like Greenhouse seeds as far as what percentage of their fem'd seeds will significantly hermie?

Thanks.

2. hey im new to this whole growin but i had a hermie plant and from what i was told the seeds you get off of it would be hermie seeds i could be wrong dont know if this will help i just had to plant and see what i got but hey out of ten seeds unknown i got 5 females 1 male and i hermie caused too stressing the plant good luck, oh yeah try the growing section noone here will help you when it comes to growing just smokin i got 56 views one answer and that was look in the growing section