question regarding plants gender

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by totalbeginner, Mar 10, 2013.

1. hello all, im new to this forum, dont even know if i posted in the right place, if not please dont be to harsh on me. so heres my problem, i was looking up the interwebs to find some answers how to determine the gender of a plant in very early stage. i found o post in wich some dude was saying that u can determine the gender after 10days. heres what he sayd: "when it sprouts it has 2 little "nub" shaped leaves...after it makes its' first pot looking 3 lobed leaf, watch how the leaf arms stem from the main branch...if two come out at the same spot (level) it is a male...if they alternate as they go up the main branch it is a female...This works every time. You can tell in less than 10 days."

is this true? thank you!

2. Guy is wrong, alternating nodes is how you tell that your plant is sexually mature. That's when preflowers start to show up.

3. great, becouse i had 3 plants, 1 was growing leafs from the same spot as "nub" leafes and after reading what that guys sayd i dumped that plant. now i have 2 plant that started growing leafes above that "nub". ill add some pictures of what i have when i get home. allthough i dont think it helps to much cos my plants are still on 24h light (for a month or so) think i have to change to 12/12. or am i wrong?