Question Regarding Painting My Water-Pipe To Hide Damage

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BryanMac493, Aug 22, 2014.

1. #1 BryanMac493, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post on here.

So I recently purchased a pretty huge water pipe and I love it. But one day as we were using it I broke the base.

Luckily, it is still 100% functioning and smokes amazing! It's a clean break and very easy to glue/cement back together, but that's not my issue.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408662774.221919.jpg

Once I get this together, I want to paint over the base to better hide the cracks for cosmetic reasons.

I spent a lot of money on this so I figured a little effort to make it look nice again wouldn't hurt.

Anyone have a recommendation as to which paint would give my base a professional-looking, glossy finish?

I want to paint the base black while keeping the tube clear. I feel like that would come out pretty awesome and hide the cracks best.

Thanks,
    Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Damnnn lucky break! Me personally i would just epoxy it to a coaster and call it good. Glue will never hold those peices at that angle. Then maybe paint it with a really thick oil pait idk man..

3. I agree with blue spoon, epoxy will be your best bet. You can probably paint it with spray can or something... though I can't say it will look good. Since it broke into big pieces I would just epoxy them together and call it a day.

4. i would just find someone with strong art skills and some oil based paint and have them paint the bottom to be artsy, maybe add my name and call it day. for sure use epoxy over glue, unless its gorilla glue or something you are wasting your time. 

5. get someone to melt that back together, even if its like a tack weld.. you could coat it in some liquid rubber type of stuff.

then that would not only cover up the break and help hold it together a bit more, it would also help in absorbing some shock that the base will be put under with daily use.