question on shade cloth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by UpInTheHills, Oct 28, 2013.

1. gday peeps,

iv been researching a bit about shade cloths on the net n how they affect the overall growth of ur plant,shade % etc. But not the questions and answers im after,the reason for me wanting to put up some shade cloth is privacy. Iv purchased some shade cloth,50% shade.

my question is: Would my plant b affected having 4 hours direct sun,then 4 hours shade cloth sun? that's the way it will be when I put my shade cloth up (if I put it up)

hope you guys can help,cheers

2. anyone? 26 views n no hits,someone must know something?

3. 4 hours is less then optimal u want 6 hours minimum direct and with tht little light u would be better off with no shade cloth at all. U wont get a good yield thats for sure.

4. Yea true RD,there in pots so i would move them when family comes round(little brother n sister my main concern),just i was hoping to do some LST with them when they get a bit bigger,though i do remember seeing someone tying off to their pot? Have you done or seen someone do this to a degree of sucess?

5. #5 RichardDean, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    Yeah i would tie back branches for LST to my pots all the time. Plastic pots are easy jst drill holest the topand there is ur anchor point. Or use gorilla tape and tape the line to the side. Smart pots i jut slit the fabric and tie to there.

6. sounds good RD,thanks for your input ;)

7. no problem anytime. Glad to be of help.

8. Is it OK to put 50:50 shade cloths over my girls for 24 hours during veg and flowering stages? I'm in northern California.

9. Also, is it OK to shade my flowering plants in a mid summer light depo? The temp is around 90-100 degrees F. The shade tarp is 50%

10. they make a 30% shade cloth called aluminet 50% is way too much shade for a sun loving plant. privacy from the air or the side?