Question on seeds and plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ButterMyBunz, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Okay so I know sativas grow larger than indicas. I have ordered a 4X4 tent and im a little confused on how to grow multiple strains.  I have 7ft in height to work with. What should I be looking at when buying multiple strains? I want to be able to grow an indica,hydrid, and sativa in the same tent. Is that possible? if so, how would I go about this? I have been looking at seeds and some indicas say xxl yield with high height and some say compact with smaller yield. Which ones should I be getting for a 4x4 tent that is 7ft tall ( can become 10ft tall easily) that are indica, sativa, and a hybrid?

2. #2 snoopdog6502, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    Just top and low stress train the sativa's. tie them fuckers down and force them shorter.

My bitch with sativa it having the fucking thing hogging my flower room for 3 goddamn months. Fucking fuckers, I cant wait to chop those bitches.

Sativas are going outside this summer, no more of them in the house.

Mine are huge bitches!

3. What do you recommend me doing for my first grow? I have no idea what combinations can fit in a 4X4 7 ft tall. Can I fit one sativa that vegs for 7 weeks + one indica that is 3 feet tall + another hybrid that is 3 feet tall in one tent?

4. Or should I practice and trial? Just grow one big sativa and one other non sativa? see how much room that uses then my next grow maybe add more? What do you recommend. I just don't want it to over crowd.

Over crowding is good. Id do 16 or 25 plants feminized from seed,  half sativa. Short veg and flower them bitches.

When you are paying for light dont waste it hitting the floor.

heres my flower room today. Sativas in the back.

View attachment 1402357

6. Okay so I'm confused now lol. Why so many plants? I know some people grow short and fast for highest yield but I don't even smoke much ( gram a day) and anything I don't smoke I will sell. Wouldn't it cost a shit ton more money on seeds since the seeds  I want to grow are like 150 for 12 why not use less seeds and grow them bigger?

7. #7 ButterMyBunz, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    But If I do your way should I germ and veg them all the same time? then just let the sativas flower longer?

Longer veg and bigger is more economical outdoors.

Under a light you get a few feet away and its doing nothing, you grow a 6 foot plant and the top two feet get all the light and you have wasted time growing 4 feet of sparse leaf and little popcorn bud.

I grow my own seeds and spend a pretty penny on good genetics from our friends in Amsterdam, Canada,California and the UK.

Clones are the best, once you have a fat girl cut lots of clones, she gets super bushy. The clones get super bushy and then you have the good plants.

I grow more because its legal and do it for some very sick old people and just found out a very close friend has cancer and is doing chemo and radiation. Ill see to it she has medicine.

Smaller plants in larger numbers produce more in a shorter time frame.

Yes I will harvest my indica's and hybrids as they ripen and will let the sativas grow till I just cant stand them or its warm enough to plant them outdoors.

I have a problem growing plants for 6 months after breeding my own autoflower seeds that are done with huge sticky buds in 12 weeks .

10. Damn you seem to know your shit. I have been looking into your grow thing and you seem to know botany pretty well to be breeding your desired traits. I actually think it might be best to just grow one strain my first time just to get the feel of growing. It makes sense what you mean about them vegging longer just wasting the space below the plant. I suppose you could add extra light but growing a lot at once seems good also long as I clone.

So you are saying short veg them, let them grow and take a bunch of clones. then grow the clones and just keep doing that never using seeds? That would save a ton of money. Then I will just add a few new seeds that are a different strain with the clones and have a new cycle ?

yea, the clones come from a mature plant thats sexed. Big plus 2-3 weeks to get them rooted , vs hit or miss with seeds saves a lot of time and money.

Bubble cloning is super sweet, just bubbly water to root them and plant them in a hydro system and let them go.

The fact they are mature and have branches started right away makes them very full and bushy.

some new seedling every once in a while is good, just like we dont want the same thing for dinner every night. You get the fun of seeing new babies grow. Im up to around 15 strains.

if you have an isolated closet you can get some regular autoflower seeds and grow a seed crop and be set for years. Grow some good ones and they make a great barter item with other growers too and expand your genetic collection..

12. Thanks dude! You are a lot of help :)

13. Mine is 4'x4'x6.5' and with the light clearance and container height I can grow maximum 130cm plant .

Most seed breeders give a height range that the plant will grow.....don't believe em, ya take care of a plant and give it everything it needs and that 50-60cm specification will give ya a 90cm plant sometimes...this grow my strain was supposed to be 70 cm max...I switched lights to 12/12 at 25cm and they say double or triple height growth ...so 75cm max?...it's 130 now :(

Have a look at the greenhouse seed company's website...they have a buncha vids of their strains from beginning to finish...this will give you an idea what to expect.

14. Thanks a lot I will check that out. Im having trouble with knowing what I can grow and fit .