Question on NUTRIENT serving size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lukas002, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Hello, thanks in advance for any help. Here is the deal.

Today I went to my local nursery and bought Fox Farm Ocean soil organic or whatever.

At first the guy recommended I buy FOX Farm nutrients for vegging and blooming which cost
    19 dollars for each. I asked him if he had something cheaper, and he brought me over to
    EARTH JUICE with an N-P-K of 2-1-1. this was 8 dollars cheaper so I bought the Earth Juice GROW ( 3-4 different kinds along with earth juice bloom for the flowering process.)

My question is a 2-1-1 seems to low for the veg state of marijuana, would it be an option to triple the concentration ( 1 serving size=15 ml of water) to 3 servings= 15 ml of water, and would this make the NPK levels a 6-3-3

it also says on the bottle for an extra strong dose use 3 servings for 45 ml of water and give that all to the plant every watering or a minimum of once per month. would this make the NPK levels a 6-2-2?

2. TLDR
    It is a ratio
    3-1-1 is the same as 9-3-3 or 27-9-9

3. Oh wow interesting, so in other words I shouldn't add an extra strong dose thinking it will be making the NPK higher?

also it Perlite necessary to use with FOX farm ocean organic?

4. Correct. FFOF has some perlite mixed in, I have seen most growers add more in, but it is not required.
    Definitely dont go with the extra strong dose.