Question on a 'hydroponics solution'

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lovebong, May 26, 2009.

1. I rescently came across a hydroponics solution and was wondering about second opinions on what it contains. I'll probably use it sparingly on one plant and see how it does but I figured since this grow is just getting to the germination phase I should probably get some input in the meantime. Also note that I don't have a hydroponics set up so I plan on using on soil, but as said, sparingly.

Side panel info is as follows.

3.2% Monopotassium Phosphate - KH2PO4
    5.6% Magnesium Sulfate - MgSO4-7H2O
    10.7% Calcium Nitrate - Ca(NO3)2-4H2O
    79.6% Water - H2O

I love how they included the chemical thing for water.. but yeah, as I understand these are macronutrients to the plant, but if I missed something I would appreciate the input.

On other side panel it also includes

0.9%Ammonium Sulphate - (NH4)2SO4

To be honest, that one makes me nervous.

2. If you want to stop all the guessing and use a safe product that is non-toxic and environmentally safe and organic to boot. You will not have to buy another thing, go to Electric Green International.com distributers of VF-11. Pure and safe. I have used this product with great results.

3. Yeah.. I'll keep that in mind but I've got plenty of nutes, was just curious about this one in particular since it's such a complex mixture.

4. I wouldn't worry to much about it being harmful. Everything in it is a plant nutrient. The ammonium sulfate isn't a problem, it contains both nitrogen and sulfur and tends to lower soil PH. And its in such a small quantity, it won't cause any harm.

5. Thanks for the input. Now I won't be so nervous trying this stuff out. Watch my Ph and I'll be good. Thanks again!