Question: Miracle Gro Peat Moss

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deities, May 27, 2020.

1. Hello. I know what you are already going to say. F*ck MG. I don't use their soil for my plants and I am a new grower; however I recently did an experiment with 3 feminized seeds using different mixtures of soil.

So far, compared to my all organic mix of topsoil, rice husk, coco coir, and compost with 0 peat moss, it has TAKEN off on the other one and was planted 2 days after the one in the non-peat moss mixture.

Now, I am curious as to if this peat moss is going to cause me issues during veg or flowering and if I should order foxfarm online and replant it during veg or if I should just let it run it's course. I am highly pleased with Miracle Gro's peat moss so far despite all the negativity surrounding it. I can't vouch for their soil though.

I used 20% compost, 40% MG peat moss, and 40% top soil.

Question/Comments: Will I harm my plant if I transplant it into FoxFarm soil or just simply leave it how it is since it seems to be thriving? I am asking this because I am wondering if there are any time released nutes in the peat moss that might effect the growth later on since it's time released. Also, I haven't been PH'ing my water, I've been using tap water. Should I change it or leave things how it is since it's thriving so far?