Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question: half ounce, got shorted..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ekibiogami, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Alright, so i go hang with my friend and ask him for like 1/2 for $160.. 1/4 for my other friend and 1/4 for me. He says he doesn't have much but i persuade him and he says that he is gonna pick up an ounce for himself later, and that he will sell me half of it. So over the course of 6 hours, he smokes me out and we go to his hookup and he goes in and comes back, but neither he or his hookup(who is the grower) have a scale, so he eyeballs my weed.

Later i go hang with my other friend, who has a scale, and we weigh out my weed.. it comes up as 11.9 G's.. 2.1 g's short. So i sell my friend his quarter for $85, not wanting him to come up short because of my misfortune. but that leaves me with 1/4-2.1 grams.

should i confront my guy? ive known him for a while, but im not on great terms with him- we have had our non-drug differences before.. but were relatively cool now. btw the weed was extraordinary, definitely high dank/fire/whatever you want to call it, some of the best i've had.. and fresh as hell. i feel bad about calling him on selling me part of his own supply.

2. I say mention it and if he doesn't want to do anything about it just count your loses.

3. I can't really imagine a grower not owning a scale...but if there are any out here feel free to reveal yourselves now. If it was me I would say something, next time if like you said you're cool now. If he (most likely) feels the same way about you, it would probably be no big deal to just hint it during a conversation, but then again you don't have to. I probably would though. But that's just me.

4. You should have told him before you gave your friend his cut. Unless your friend still has all the bud your dealer cant know if he really shorted you or not.

5. I'd say let it go this time because you knew that they were just eye balling it,but next time be like "you know last time my bag was a little short so can we make sure its not this time with the use of a scale?"

6. just bring you bro's scale and add up the difference

7. Yea just tell him about it casually, then start bringing a scale, and if its so dank and and fresh, you shouldnt be complaining, so just forget about it if he doesnt give you the 2 grams.

8. Well if its 2 grams of some good bud, thats, what, 30-40 bucks? Talk to him about it.

9. With my experience of buying from somebody without a scale always make sure it looks good to you, and if it doesnt i mean tell him to throw in some more.. i mean what can he say if he doesnt have a scale..

and.. get a scale? when u go buy man they make scales that fit in ur pocket. Bust that thing out if it looks light or he doesnt have a scale.

10. i totally agree with the above. and fresh isnt always good, the drier i feel the better cause its more bud !! =) but def bring a pocket scale. 25 - 40 bones brah. he cant skimp you then. dont be affraid to whip out infront of him if it looks short and throw it on there. if its short right infront of him, then what can he say...right? just be smart. on your situation, i would confront him casually as others have said..

11. Just mention it was short, if he's cool then he'll get you back. If not then you probably shouldn't be dealing with the mofo anyways... just my opinion... anyone thats gonna rip you off(not saying it was intentional) when it comes to god's gift isnt worth dealing with in my book.

12. I would def. mention it to him.

I don't think you can persuade him to give you more, but he's supposedly your boy...he'll help you out.

13. I would not mention it, ONLY because he smoked you out for six hours before you went to grab, so I'm assuming you smoked about (at least) 1 gram for yourself, so you really only got shorted 1 gram. Just cut your losses this time, but I would definitely invest in a scale for the near future and bring it with you when you grab (that would be the time to casually mention that you got shorted last time and that, since other people are depending on you to give a fair chop, that you need the full extent of what you're paying for)...hope this makes sense, I'm :smoking:

TG

14. I agree with both of these posts. Just invest in a scale and you'll be all set.

15. Yea he is right next time just bring the scale and tell him that last time it was 2.5 grams off. you dont really want to get in a big argument with him. and 2.5 is not that bad for eyeballing it but it is really unprofessional. Tell him that. But for this time just count your losses but let him no that you wont stand for it again. Just bring a scale next time. but you should have told your friend you got ripped a couple of grams so u both both could have gotten an even amount instead of you coming out on the worse end of the deal.

16. Just bring a scale next time and tell him you're uncomfortable with "eyeballing" a half o. Don't be rude about it, just tell him straight up. Plus 160 for 11.9 grams isn't bad. It equates to around 13.50 a gram, and if it's dank, then that's a deal anyway.

17. IDK, if you let him eyeball it you should of expected this :(

18. For 160 i'd call him and say did you weigh the bag with the weed, cause the shit is 2.1 short.

19. Littleoldme, that weed looks pretty in your sig.

Yeah, I really would confront the dude, all in all, for real.

20. thanks for the feedback.. i think im just gonna bring my friend's scale next time.

haha i think i posted this in the wrong sub forum.. ive been smoking for like 6 years.