Question for those with a Persei

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Tanhands, May 27, 2012.

1. So I got my Persei the other day. I have to tell you I am impresses so far. Only flaw that I see is that every once in a while you have to tap the unit to get it to connect. I may or may not decide to send it back for a new one.

Quick question to those that have them.

How do you know when your empty?

Also, After it sits for a little while standing upright when I go back it is a little clogged at first. Yes when I push the button it melts the oil and clears up but just wondering if that is normal.

2. I just recently got my persei to. The clogging seems to b pretty normal I get it to. I don't have any connection problems u might want have that fixed. Other then that I love this thing!

3. Glad you are loving it. There is a silver, threaded ring where the top and the bottom pieces screw together. If i unscrew that a little my connection problem goes away. I think I could also adjust the batteries from the bottom to fix it but my cap on the bottom is already pretty far out with the two small 3.7v batteries in it.

I have ordered the 3.0ohm tubes and they should be here anytime. The 5.0v it came with is great for the lighter oil but to use anything thicker it just doesn't work well. The 3.0v can be used with any battery combo.

Only complaint is the cost of the tubes. At $10 each plus shipping and Handling? Ya they charged me $2.99 for handling on top of shipping. I need to find a better place to order from.

4. So far I've been able to make the carts last me months so the purchasing of them hasn't been a problem. Im trying to hold off till the new herb and nail carts come out.

5. [quote name='"Stillsmokin109"']So far I've been able to make the carts last me months so the purchasing of them hasn't been a problem. Im trying to hold off till the new herb and nail carts come out.[/quote]

Do you know when that'll be?

6. Last I heard by the end of this month.

7. I emailed them the other day this is what they sent back.

"[May 22 2012 11:29AM] : Thank you for contacting us at Delta 9 Vapes!
    We'll have the herb chamber attachment out soon-- we don't have a release date specified yet."

8. [quote name='"Tanhands"']I emailed them the other day this is what they sent back.

"[May 22 2012 11:29AM] : Thank you for contacting us at Delta 9 Vapes!
    We'll have the herb chamber attachment out soon-- we don't have a release date specified yet."[/quote]

Damn the flower cartridge will make this thing unfuckwittable (for lack of a better term)

9. How are the effects of vaping oils? I've never vaped oil before and Im wondering if its worth it. How many vapor hits do you need to take until you are feeling it strongly? I have some amazing potent sativa oil, and when smoked it is awesome and very strong. But would vaping it just give you a mellow high regardless, or does vaping oil actually give you strong effects?

10. What I have found, and I have only had it a week or so, is that after a couple smaller hits my contacts start to dry. That is just a way I know it is working. At that point I stop taking hits and a few mins later I start to get a hi. It is not the same hi as when I was putting a drop of oil on a bowl but with that I was not only getting the bowl of what I was smoking but a lot more of the oil then the Vape will use. They say that out of a OZ of product you put in a Cart you can get 200 hits. Not sure as I have not gotten that far yet.

I can tell you that when I smoke the oil it burns my throat and when I vape it it doesn't. It also has no smell so you can do it where ever you want. It does have a taste and it you taste it during a hit you have taken too much.

I buy a lot of toys like this and for the most part I am happy with them. Still not too sure about my MFLB but I got this right after so maybe I have not given it enough time. Either way I know I will enjoy this item and look forward to the flower attachment.

11. Basically, Ive heard many people say that you get more baked off vaporizing from a volcano, but Im not sure it it applies to this. Normally, oils and extracts in general are more potent than flowers, and because of this, I want to use the oil to its full potential. I'm not sure if I should buy this if it only gets you a little high.

12. This thing can be like have a dome and nail in your pocket lot of fat rips. I'd say it gets me just as high as any other smoking device out there.

13. Couple things. First in my Post I said it held a OZ. It does not. It holds a Gram. I knew this and typed OZ instead. Guess I was hi, sorry.
    Secondly, I get plenty hi from this. Yesterday I loaded a cart with Hippie Crap and sucked on it all night long. When I weighed it before I started and after I had used less then .01 grams. Have no idea how much just that I had not used a whole .01 gram. And I was messed up.
    I like it because of how portable it is. It does not have an odor and no one knows what you are doing. The only downside to it is that the hash or wax or whatever you use when it cools it of course gets hardened and so it takes a second to melt again to use. Not a problem, you just hold the boton for a couple secounds and you are good to go.

14. So do you have to fill the whole cartridge to use it? Or could I technically put a .1 of sativa oil in the persei for the day, and then when night time rolls around would I be able to put a .1 of some indica-dom oil? Basically, do you need to use the entire cartridge? I personally like to switch up my extracts often, and I wouldnt want to have to pack a full 1 gram of oil into a cartridge and wait until its done.

15. You can put as much as you want into the cart up to 1 g.
    Instead of only putting a small amount in and then trying to empty it why not have 2 carts. 1 with your Daytime meds and another with your night? They just screw on and off. They don't leak.

16. The carts CAN leak if your oil isn't viscus enough. Warm storage can also cause leakage. Leaks are easy to fix and so are clogs. Just takes some getting used to.

You shouldn't load much less than a half of a gram into a cart at once. Not saying that you can't, but it will have problems feeding the oil to the heater if there isn't enough material.

Usually at 0.2~0.1g I start to notice things aren't flowing as smoothly as before, so I refill!

Loading 1/2 a gram at a time seems to be the best bet to minimizes clogs and leaks. When it gets down to .2~.1, refill it back to .5~6.

As for the daytime/night-time meds swap, the unit comes with two carts stock, so one can be sativa and the other can be indica. Also when you order cartridges, they usually come as a 5 pack so you can fill them with all sorts of oils :)

I have 4 different carts running right now!

17. I guess I should has said that they don't leak like most normal things. They won't spill because what is in them is too thick to spill out was my point.

How do you clear the clogs and stop the leaks if you put a thicker med in? Right now mine is plugged pretty good. I just figured the hash I used was too thick. I am using a a 3ohm cart because it works with all the battery combos and the5 was not warm enough. It gets pretty hot though by the time it melts enough to take a hit.