Question for the wise ones......

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by FSU, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Hey guy I am pretty new to the forums but have been reading a lot of them but just starteding posting. Anyways I am fairly new to smoking consistenly but I think I know enough to get by. I was wondering what was up with "ice pinchers" in some of the sliders you guys have. And also I have noticed that when you guys do milk videos and pics that noone really has any ice in there bong. Is there any reason why that is? I have a few bowls, a bong that I just bought 3 days ago from a friend so I am still pretty new. Any help on these question is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Its widely accepted that the ice cools the smoke and makes it less harsh on your lungs.
    My opinion is that harsh weed is harsh weed, hot or cold:smoking:

3. I know all about why you use the ice but when I see a lot of these high end tubes none of them have ice in there when they are smoking. It has ice catchers so why wouldnt you use it...

4. Because it's all in your head anyway. cheers :wave:

5. what about the ice pinchers on some sliders, I know why you would use the ones on the bong. But I know you can't ice in a slider....

6. Not too sure about the ice in a slider, or what you're referring to as a slider for that matter

I know that I don't always get ice for my bong, just takes too long and its only a matter of time before it melts (very lazy stonerish mentality). I'm much more partial to stick my hand out a window in the winter and compact some snow. The ice does make the hits smoother and feel better but once you get used to a tube you can rip it like no tomorrow.

7. what do you meen ice pinches on sliders?

8. A lot of people don't use the ice pinches in their bongs because when the ice melts it messes up the water levels. And high end tubes with percs get flooded with melted ice.

I use reusable ice cubes that are encased in plastic so when they melt they don't fuck with my water levels. However, it is time consuming and sometimes people really just don't feel like dealing with ice in their tubes. Honestly, water cools the smoke down just fine for me, I don't bust out the ice unless my throat is hurting or other people want to try icy hits.

The ice pinches in the slides are for different reasons. They hold bud broken up by hand extreamly well and because the slide is not limited to one main hole, the air flow in an ice pinch slide is extreamly fast, reducing drag. It's not very good for grinded up weed, too much falls through imo, I only use mine when I grind the bud up by hand.

9. Thank you! you answered all my questions!

10. im guessing you haven't seen these

http://www.grasscity.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/I/M/IMG_4401_1.jpg

11. Nope never lol

12. lulz. that's a disc diffused slide. it, like ice pinch bowls, have a greater area of openness than just a small hole in the center so the flame hits all the bud and it burns evenly and it reduces drag because smoke flows quicker because of more airflow

13. ^^luke wilson disk diffused slide. less drag, and dosent pull through

14. thanks again guys for all the help!!

15. Luke Wilson Disk FTW

16. ice is a huge hassle. and it melts into your tube and raised the water level. it sucks. i wanna get some of those reusable ones. havent found any yet

17. ice pinch slides can hold bud thats been ground up, its how there made

18. As soon as the little notches on an ice pinch slide get some resin on them it will hold ground up bud no problem. Or if it's clean I'll just break off a little bud to put at the bottom and put stuff outta the grinder on top.

Personally I don't like ice for a few reasons. As mentioned, when it melts it messes up the water in my percs. And second, I'm just not a fan of icy hits...makes my throat tickle and feel all funky haha.

19. Dude your ice balls (lmao) don't get resinated or anything and you don't have to clean them?

20. idk if i'm the only one but i probably am and i've been smoking for over 3years..
    What's a ice pincher slide??? pics anyone??? and what's the differance?

p.s. what's the picture of that bowl someone already posted?