Question for people with a GED

Discussion in 'General' started by SDVP, Mar 4, 2009.

1. #1 SDVP, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Do you regret having it? Have you ever missed an opportunity because you had a GED and not a diploma?

any info would be helpful, thanks

(i will be getting a college degree btw)

2. #2 DJchronic2, Mar 4, 2009
    I don't know but i find seeing this thread ironic because I've been pretesting for my GED.I have to go do it tomorrow from like 8-5.and than i take the actual test next week some time at MSU.I will definitely not regret having it once its obtained, its better than where i am right now with either a ged nor highschool deploma. to answer your question.

3. Make no mistake, getting a GED is no h/s diploma. Throughout the years the ged has become more respected and is almost like a diploma but its easier for a reason. If i were you i would get my ass back in some form of high school and just finish your diploma. a few years back i had the choice of going for a ged or diploma, and i chose the diploma, and im glad i did.

4. but why exactly is it inferior?

5. In 15 years of having my GED I have never had a time when It was not good enough for a job or for a college. I was the store manager of a blockbuster and I am now in back in college all with a GED.

6. It was a good move for me, I got a 2 year start on college.

7. No, i have a GED and i have 2 degrees a 2yr and a 4yr from Penn State.

8. #8 DJchronic2, Mar 4, 2009
    i'm also planning on some community college.Once i have enough cash to pay for it

9. so you got into a good university with your GED without a problem?