Question for people who believe in god/gods

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cheesemonger, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Limeocello all the way.

2. You seem to be making a lot of generalizations about atheists there too. Same thing you are accusing the him of.

3. Well no matter what we believe at the end of the day no one and i mean no one gives a shit about you more then you. Not your family not your friends, no one. If there is a god or gods they dont care about us or our bullshit problems in fact i seriously doubt that they, if they are there, then they didnt create us or this earth so they can take care of us. In fact most religions seem to want YOU to take care of there god(s). At the end of the day you should focus on yourself and doing your thing whatever it is. Like for example, the one thing we probably all have in common, getting high. I personally do believe in a high being for few reasons. Its better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. I mean if i believe in a god and there is nothing after this then no harm no foul but if i didnt and there is a god then im fucked. And if there is one and they ask me why i didnt practice a certain religion then ill just reply that the catholics said the baptist are full of shit the bapist said that the mormons are full of shit and so on and so on and i didnt know who to believe when they all are saying the same thing. And if god wants to send me to hell because he made world with no anwsers then send me to hell. I refuse to serve a god that doesnt understand something that simiple. I have other reasons theroies personal beliefs etc etc but my fingers are tired of typing and i dont care enough to try to convince you of anything cause at the end of the day ALL HUMANS ARE FUCKIN STUPID and unless you "come up with the idea on your own" then there is way you are changing your mind just by reading a post on a thread by some asshole you will most probably definetly never meet in real life anyway. But if you do take anything from me take this, read up on all the religions you can and not just christian based ones but all kinds of religions. However dont blindly follow any of them, make your own path cause like i said in the beginning NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU MORE THEN YOU!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cynical but to the point. In the end we all stand alone.

5. #45 justsomejohn, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Post Removed

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. i think there is a book that explains it fairly well

7. Which "book"? There are a lot of "books" that describe what "God" wants...

Why is your "book" more descriptive than the other "books"?

Seems to me "books" only serve to divide us as human beings living on the same ball of rock floating through space and time...

Religious texts are based upon allegory, not literal fact. They do not represent contemporary historical account of actual places/events/happenings...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. the Bible

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Why is your "book" more descriptive than the other "books"?

10. i guess for me it was because alot of biblical writings seemed more like self evident truths, not the opinions of men.

11. why the quotes around books?

12. Mornin'... :)

I quoted "books" because that's what they are. In my estimation they are not "the word of God", they are "books", written by men. Mankind is VERY opinionated...

There are a lot of books written my men attempting to represent what God claims/thinks. This is a preposterous notion. How can any man possibly know what God thinks, or more appropriately "wants" of us? Unless of course you think that God tells men what to write down for all to read. In this respect, it would seem to me that we'd all be reading the same "book", regardless of culture or language.

Don't get me wrong. Religious texts are full of useful allegorical rhetoric, or self evident truths as you've described. They are also full of a lot of crap that keeps mankind divided as a whole, inherently based upon the opinion of the man/men writing the "book".

Religious text - Wikipedia

So, once again, why is your "book" (the Bible) more descriptive/factually relevant than the other "books"? By your own estimation, the "Bible" explains everything. I'm assuming that you practice some form of Christianity? Which sect, and with what "Bible"? Do you disregard the other Christian "Bibles"?

Ever actually researched the historical relevance of Jesus Christ, or "the Bible"? Do you know anything about God/hero myths, and how they directly correlate to the societal norm's espoused by the culture and time during which they were written? Are you familiar with Euhemerism?

Euhemerism - Wikipedia

I've already overloaded you with a ton of questions, so I'll end with just one more...

What "book" do you think you'd follow if your soul had manifested itself in another body, and you were subject to a different form of indoctrination?

Most folks ascribe to the "books" that they were taught to believe in... :(

• Like Like x 2
  13. If god is real the devil controls the world look at all the evil people in the world
    And where are they? The top of the money chain

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was born into a catholic/Christian family but lost my faith and my friend who had lost his faith and turned atheist longer and harder then me (he didn't believe in any type of spiritual shit at all) some weird shit happen.

This guy was murdered and his brother had a dream of where to find him (he lives El Salvador) my friends mom also had the same dream and got called by him that day. Now my friends mom didn't tell my friend and he had the same dream as well and they all three mapped it out exactly and the other guy lives in El Salvador while we live in the us

• Like Like x 1
  15. He says for him to be at peace they need to find his body

16. Is the original poster still around???

17. dont know. i always wondered why people with an obvious disdain fo the idea of a higher being will post in religon sub forums an then just vanish. when you have no belief in anything its hard to find what you seek.

18. In order to understand God whom i believe is Jesus Christ; the big picture matters not the specific actions. And people's mind cant get this as long as they dont trust and believe. Think like this; you cant achieve something if u dont believe in it in the first place. Peace...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Unless we are aware in our total creation then we are just mere observers... I mean we are part of all creation but lack fundamental knowledge of that process or the initial Spark of life- consciousness- etc... So, because we are observers we have free will to choose... do our choices define us as we are fundamental observers only? we only choose after observing= the mind... the heart knows and needs no observation as it is our creation magnet that draws in universal frequencies and harmonizes those vibes into pure love for us to then observe... Just observe that EVERYONE!!! Do It! thanks man, when we all are heart centered then it begins

20. I've often wondered why those that believe in doctrinal teachings don't reply to questions and facts that contradict such... :)

• Like Like x 4