Question for Metallica fans

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ColdToker420, May 27, 2010.

1. I saw megadeth/slayer together perform Rust in peace and Seasons in the abyss, both albums live in their entirety. in 2010

It was the 20th anniversary of both albums and they played them both.:D
    testament opened.

not too often you get to see rust in peace performed live. "Polaris" made me ruin my pants with exitement ahaha... I thought i was gunna end up in the hospital during slayer's set. pits were brutal, just brutal.

Dave mustaines vocals are not that good, especially live. but he sure can shred. I listened to megadeths 13 album and i think it sucks:(

LULU makes me wanna die

2. I saw megadeth open for DIO in 2007 for the heaven and hell tour....

it was... MIND EXPLODING

3. I've seen Megadeth like 3 times so far. Nowhere close to my sister who has seen them at least 6 times. I might go to Gigantour, it's on a Friday and at a good venue, plus I've never seen Motorhead, but Megadeth's recent setlists haven't been great.

4. oh i forgot to say i saw tallica in 08 and they were amazing.

just, they didnt say "fuck" every 2 seconds like they should.

jame's daughtr was there and it was her birthday. he brought her onstage and we all sang happy birthday to her it was pretty cool.

I miss jason newsted. my favorite all time bassist from tallica. i find cliff overrated.

waiting for the hate from that last comment...

5. I love Metallica to death, but goddamn they really fucked up their legacy when they decided to do this whole Lulu thing.

6. [​IMG]

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYnSEZKcVw&feature=related]Metallica makes fun of Layne Staley and gets owned! - YouTube[/ame]

I can't respect Hetifield after this.Fuck him.

8. I saw slayer last year, first time they ever played seasons in entirety, someone broke their neck on the 3rd song so they had to stop the show to get ambulance down and get him out on stretcher lol there was a curfew but they played over it and gave us even more songs, it was sick

and 13 is a great album man you just gotta get into it, its not as good as endgame but its a definite must buy for any megadeth fan

9. #49 dirtydingusus, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    i only read the first cupple pages of this thread...so if it has been said sorry.....

but there was an interview with lars sorry ass round the time the black album came out.....

where he said plain and clear.......the label told us to write shorter songs with fewer riffs if we want to make more money....so we did what they told us to do......

completely change your style ...to make more money

if that is not the definition of "sell out"
    what is?

cliff would kick their asses if he were here now....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O9zMnwD65Q]Cliff Burton Solos - YouTube[/ame]

btw-omfg! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyaKtAyVVac&feature=related[/ame]
    i think this sounds better without the rest of the band....

10. I see both sides, Metallica were fans of AIC and i bet they were bummed and pissed when they fount out AIC dropped from the tour. James probably thought it was a bitch move on laynes part by letting drugs get in the way of a scheduled tour. Layne had plenty of time to get clean before the tour, and it was a dick move to their fans. i would be pissed as hell if AIC dropped from my metallica concert.

but I also see laynes side, heroin addiction is no joke and im sure getting clean for a tour was near impossible. but ive never been addicted so i dont really know what its like.

*NOTICE Jason Newsted is the only one who DID NOT make fun of Layne in that video?*

also, I play bass with a pick and i like newsted playing more. never was a fan of distorted bass much,