Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for long time smokers(15+ years)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iloveindica, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Sooo a question for you real veterans out there. What kind of effect do you feel if any, marijuana has had on your cognition, lung function, memory and general health? Try to be as honest as possible. Do you feel that marijuana has always been a definite improvement in your life?

2. I've smoked cannabis on and off for over twenty years. It wasn't until I got sick that I started smoking everyday. Without cannabis, I'd be dead right now. I would have either succumb to my illnesses, or I would have blown my brains out to end the pain. True, I think my lungs get tired sometimes. When they do, I take a break for a few days or I vape. However, and I cannot say this enough (I love sharing this with people), in spite of the fact that I am immunocompromised, I have not had a Flu or cold since I started smoking daily over two years ago.

3. Well I haven't been smoking as long as some of the elders but I've done it atleast. Twice a week to daily for 13 yrs.
    I notice a slight shortness of breath, but when I started jogging daily and playing paintball 2-4 times a week fixed that.
    Other then that I haven't had problems with memory or reflex and motor functions. I can still snap shoot 3 shot bursts and land them on target from 25 m away and at work I'm a walking encyclopedia anything food related (I'm a chef).

4. thanks for proving my point, all chefs smoke weed lol

5. Smoked every day for 6 months, my lungs and motor function are fine, but my memory is shot haha. It effects everyone differently

6. I've smoked close to daily for the past 3 years. I've been smoking for almost 10 years on and off. I started pretty young. I'm definitely better off because of it. That being said, the downsides I've noticed are reduced memory/attention and lung capacity. Both improve after cessation and with increased exercise.

7. My dad smokes and he's a chef. hahaha

8. Interesting to see the different experiences and effects it has on different people. 10 years of smoking myself I do feel it has affected my lung function and memory but now I use a vape and it really is much better.

It's good when people can be honest about the negative effects. Although the positive seems to greatly outweigh that.:smoke:

9. man... my grandma was a chef for like 50 years.
    ... I wonder....

10. Its just balance is all. Id say if you're a daily smoker you should be atleast hitting the gym from time to time just to offset the extra calories from the munchies.

Lol. Yes a lot of cooks chefs and service staff smoke. Once me, the bartender and a cook were standing in a circle and the executive chef comes out and I stifle my pipe and stuff it in my poket. He obviously can smell it and he just smiles and says " nice circle you guys have going. May I join you?" And pulls out a 1cm thick cowboy cig, no filter and joins us lol

11. I have became insane, living in fear of the growing governmental threats and conspiracies that have drove me crazy. I have come to believe that every detail in my life is filled with plots and power hungry crazy government that hides stuff, little bitch...
    But yeah this herb has been an improvement in my life and i have no memory failures or reflex issues i think.

12. #12 xerexes, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    what the fuck you are smoking

13. I've been smoking for around 30 years and *COUGH COUGH COUGH*...what was the question again??

14. So, you livin in a cabin in the woods readin Soldier Of Fortune?
    If your open to any kind of advice which I'm sure you're not...< They honest to god dont care about ya dog, believe me>

15. I could go on and on about what it has done for me and hasn't. The fact is, too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

16. i know that feel bro and i agree. Im only 29, but smoked for about 13 years so far. I would say to all the younger guys that weed is pretty much always going to be around, dont feel like you need to consume it all now because there is plenty of time so enjoy it whilst being smart.

For me, ive noticed that the t-breaks become harder. Otherwise, i work out 4 days a week, i eat healthy and i have a good job so health wise, i have not noticed a thing. Smoking weed used to be number 1 priority, now ive found it the correct place in my life, 2-3 times per week after ive done all my stuff that i need to do.