Question for CO2 users

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by oldgrayhair, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Hey gang, quick question for those with experience using CO2 with your grows. I just got the tank, reg set-up and am working on re-doing ventilation and sealing the room.

Question, how soon are the positive effects noticed after dialing in the right ppm ?

Just curious if my plants already maturing will notice any extra goodness, or if it takes weeks/months to see results.

Thanks, I not expecting an exact answer, just a ballpark.

Thanks, OGH

2. Results are immediate. It allows for better use of the light, and better use of the nutrients. It will allow for higher temps (90+) with no adverse effects. As long as you have your nutes and lighting in order, you will see an increase for sure. It is best used in a totally sealed room (venting the light only with outside of the grow air to outside of the grow air, never drawing air out of or into the grow at all) using a dehumidifier and air conditioner. My 20lb tank in a (roughly) 5.5ft X 3.33ft X 4ft box, will last me around a year, and maybe more. If you vent, you will need refills often.
    You will love your co2, and it's results, but be careful if your room is not totally sealed, your indoor air quality will get bad pretty quick. When your house gets over 1000ppm, you will start to experience nausea and headaches. Seal it up good, no concerns with IAQ.

3. Thanks DP, sounds like the best money I've spent in a while then. Got the air flow dealio figured out, room is about 5'x6'x8'tall , and plan on doing the sealing over this upcoming weekend and give it a go. Damn excited for sure :smoking:

Appreciate the experience man, OGH